Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League transfers so far

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know the window hasn’t even opened yet but is there somewhere that I can find the transfers that have been confirmed for the upcoming window so far?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Thanks, interesting stuff, lots of out of contract players there, not many incoming yet. I wonder if we are interested in any of the released players.

Potential media darlings Wolves look like they have virtually a team to replace, although they already have a shit load of contracted players.

Wolves transfer/loans situation is strange, and other clubs in the Championship were right to question Wolves approach. I am not saying Wolves are doing anything wrong - far from it - but they are doing something different. I expect other clubs trying to get promoted from the Championship will be looking on and trying to emulate their approach.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Thanks, interesting stuff, lots of out of contract players there, not many incoming yet. I wonder if we are interested in any of the released players.

Potential media darlings Wolves look like they have virtually a team to replace, although they already have a shit load of contracted players.

Many of the players in the released lists are from the youth or delopment squads.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Wolves transfer/loans situation is strange, and other clubs in the Championship were right to question Wolves approach. I am not saying Wolves are doing anything wrong - far from it - but they are doing something different. I expect other clubs trying to get promoted from the Championship will be looking on and trying to emulate their approach.

Whats so different then?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whats so different then?

6 high quality players in the first team, all on loan, whose combined transfer fees if they had been bought would have been eye watering.

IMG_2640.PNG

Watford used to do something similar, until the PL outlawed that approach.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
6 high quality players in the first team, all on loan, whose combined transfer fees if they had been bought would have been eye watering.
What are the odds that they got paid via a dodgy deal away from the club (and away from the prying eyes of FFP)?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed.

In the same way that a couple of clubs receive disproportionately high allegedly 'arms length' sponsorship deals, from the exact same parts of the World as their owners.
Yeah that's blatant cheating, the football league should just make it so that only the general market value of sponsorship deals can be used for FFP purposes.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Our Ryan Fredericks looks like he's going to Wet Spam. Not bothered much - his replacement (Cyrus Christie) is as good.

Surprised you are losing a player having just been promoted, West Ham aren’t all that either. I’d be disappointed if I were you.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here