Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Keep digging, it's hilarious. So Palace to not care a jot about the horrific state of your club. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I answered the question. I'm not that bothered about the state of my club as you call it. It would not make financial sense for them to let us go down the pan and they are wealthy enough for that not to happen. I think you are the one digging.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
It is a pity you had to sell Moses to try and keep the creditors at bay, who were trying to wind your cheating club up.

Regardless he came through our ramshackle academy, as well as many others I could mention. Anyway I'm told I have to wait to see all these players you will produce. Along with the development squad I suppose.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Regardless he came through our ramshackle academy, as well as many others I could mention. Anyway I'm told I have to wait to see all these players you will produce. Along with the development squad I suppose.

Let's play the long game here, and put a hypothetical positive spin on it.

Are you capable of accepting any Brighton academy graduate as 'making it' as and when that time comes, or will you just go silent while thinking up your next bout of whataboutery?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
You keep throwing this state of the art world class training facility at us? Remind me again how many world class players you have produced. Could you also let me know how many players who have come through your academy are at the world cup. Thanks.

We only achieved Category One Academy status in July 2014. I know we work miracles, but producing World Cup Finals players in less than four years is a bit unrealistic!

Funnily enough, given that it is the Brighton and Hove Albion Category One Academy and not the England Academy or Nigeria Academy, the objective is to produce players for Brighton and Hove Albion’s first team, not necessarily for World Cup finals. In fact, I doubt there is an Albion fan alive who would willingly exchange Albion’s youth team product Lewis Dunk (who has never been capped internationally at any level) for a World Cup Finals player who hasn’t played for the club for 8 years.

However, since you have expressed an interest in the production rate of our Category One Academy, I can confirm that seven of our current scholars/U-16s have won international caps for England at various age levels. We have also had a couple of lads from even younger age groups called up for England training camps this summer, and Max Sanders was invited to the England U-19 training camp in Spain last month in preparation for the UEFA European U-19 Championships in Finland next month.

That isn’t to mention the likes of Christian Walton and Solly March (a slightly older age group) who have been capped and are further along in their development. We also have six other scholars/U-16s who have represented their particular countries in the last season or two.

Of course, Mr Bloom understands that producing players is a long-term objective (I appreciate you have no understanding of what “long-term” means). Whether any of these youngsters ever gets the opportunity to play at a major Finals tournament remains to be seen, but we will continue to receive international recognition for the talent that is slowly making its way through our Category One Academy. Feel free to drop by in four year’s time (preferably not before) and I’ll be happy to give you an update.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So a Palace fan is spending his time making post after post trying to defend the shambles that it CPFC2026 (or whatever they are called now) by criticising our Academy because despite it only being a few years old it hasn't produce players playing at the world cup?

Personally I am delighted with the way the club is being run. Especially as we have a couple of self produced players in and around the first team and an academy that seems to be chugging along nicely. I am so happy in fact that I don't feel the need to go and argue the toss with rival supporters about how well things are going.

Exciting times for Brighton at the moment with the added bonus that they are being built on something solid that will set us up for success long into the future.

Still things are working out up the road too aren't they? They've been in the Premier League now for a few seasons so they must have been putting the money that has been rolling in to good use. Last year they spent decent money on players so, coupled with the stable management of both club and team means that they won't have to worry about looking over their shoulder at relegation for a few years. In fact i seem to remember talk of Europe soon so they will need the quality in their squad to compete on that extra front.

Come to think of it I can see why some of our friends up the road are feeling insecure and are on here bleating.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Of course, Mr Bloom understands that producing players is a long-term objective (I appreciate you have no understanding of what “long-term” means).

Ain't dat da truth!

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I am not criticising your academy. I just think it's funny how you attempt to throw it in our face when we have produced better players over the years. Now you can argue about that all you like but it's pointless really. So now you say I have to wait and see results of this new super duper category one academy. So how long should I wait? Another year, two, three?

As for Dunk, give me Zaha any day.

As for mentioning Solly March, he's 23. What's the best you can hope for really. We will just have to settle for players like Wan-Bissaka I suppose, poor us.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
And that says it all

It says it all because I do not think there is anything untoward really. Also if there was, there is not a of I could do about it. I know you lot would love to see us go in administration again, but even if we did we would still end up above you. It's just the natural order of things.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
It says it all because I do not think there is anything untoward really. Also if there was, there is not a of I could do about it. I know you lot would love to see us go in administration again, but even if we did we would still end up above you. It's just the natural order of things.
Yea of course it is.. Right here and right now maybe but you know the future is blue and white once parish as sold you down the river.

You remind me of a jealous sibling trying to prove a point that you know isn't right.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

This thread is a bit embarrassing for both sides but I find it amusing that you don't see the difference between what we went through vs the palace way of just hitting the reset button, wiping out your debts and continuing as you are with no impact? Easy to keep an academy, develop players when you cheat the system.

A bit like people saying how great Leicester achievement was when only 10 years before or whatever it was they did the same thing. Administration should mean expelled from the football league not just starting a new company and keeping all your players.

And this is not aimed at Palace but anyone who has been into administration and not suffered for it.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
You keep throwing this state of the art world class training facility at us? Remind me again how many world class players you have produced. Could you also let me know how many players who have come through your academy are at the world cup. Thanks.

I am not criticising your academy. I just think it's funny how you attempt to throw it in our face when we have produced better players over the years.

I honestly don't know if you are trolling, a bit slow, or you genuinely don't care about anything beyond the next 5 minutes as far as your club is concerned.

Of course Palace HAD a reputation for being one of the more productive youth set-ups in the country. But even 5 years ago there was a realisation that your academy was falling behind and there was a necessity to make "significant improvements" - Crystal Palace to upgrade youth academy to prevent bigger clubs taking starlets like Zaha

That was in February 2013, and two years later those Palace fans that DO care about your academy realised that it was being neglected despite the Premier League riches you were "enjoying" - Palace Must Invest Or Risk Academy Future

But, it appears that the people responsible for running your club were as complacent about your academy as you seem to be - What has happened to Crystal Palace's once prestigious academy?

As a result, four years after Albion achieved Category One academy status (despite being a Championship club), and more than five years after there was an acknowledgment that Palace would fall behind if they didn't invest, the clowns running your club have pissed away five year's worth of Premier League income and you STILL haven't achieved Category One status.

So don't come on this forum and moan about me throwing our academy in your face (whatever the heck that means); maybe you should wake up and take a bit more interest in how your club is being mismanaged from the top down.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Our academy is about to get some major investment . Won’t be long till we have more youngsters making the first team .

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I honestly don't know if you are trolling, a bit slow, or you genuinely don't care about anything beyond the next 5 minutes as far as your club is concerned.

Of course Palace HAD a reputation for being one of the more productive youth set-ups in the country. But even 5 years ago there was a realisation that your academy was falling behind and there was a necessity to make "significant improvements" - Crystal Palace to upgrade youth academy to prevent bigger clubs taking starlets like Zaha

That was in February 2013, and two years later those Palace fans that DO care about your academy realised that it was being neglected despite the Premier League riches you were "enjoying" - Palace Must Invest Or Risk Academy Future

But, it appears that the people responsible for running your club were as complacent about your academy as you seem to be - What has happened to Crystal Palace's once prestigious academy?

As a result, four years after Albion achieved Category One academy status (despite being a Championship club), and more than five years after there was an acknowledgment that Palace would fall behind if they didn't invest, the clowns running your club have pissed away five year's worth of Premier League income and you STILL haven't achieved Category One status.

So don't come on this forum and moan about me throwing our academy in your face (whatever the heck that means); maybe you should wake up and take a bit more interest in how your club is being mismanaged from the top down.

No we have not achieved category one status. Yet one of our academy players is playing regularly in the premier league, yet we have to wait a few more years for yours to produce. Then again I was hearing that a few.years ago. We have Wan Bissaka, you lot have potential. Potential doesn't win games.

This may be hard for you to fathom but I have a lot more going on in my life than Crystal Palace. As for not caring about anything more than the next five minutes etc, what do you want me to do exactly, stay awake at night worrying. The way Brighton have gone up the league's is very impressive, I mean how did they manage it with only hundreds of millions pumped in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here