Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Asbestos textured coating removal - recommendations?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have some smallish areas of textured coatings (like artex) to a bathroom ceiling and hallway that does have some asbestos (chrysotile) present.

This is non licensed work according to the HSE - does anyone have any recommendations for removal, specifically for textured coatings?

There are some real :moo::moo::moo: around in the industry for this type of thing which is actually low risk, however I'd rather get it done by someone that knows what they are doing. Some of it could stay in-situ and be boarded over, but other areas are being changed / knocked out / chased for electric, so removal will be necessary.

Thanks.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Go onto HSE website and search for HSG210 Asbestos Essentials which is a 'how to do' work on non-licensible ACMs. Anyone doing this work for you should be using this guidance and should quote it as part of their Method Statement.

You COULD do it yourself but frankly the Waste Disposal aspects are ball aching unless you do it on a regular basis.

As an aside you are right, I have worked in this field for over thirty years and the amount of 'experts' who are incompetent charlatans is amazing. Their main skill is extracting money from gullible Clients (County Councils and the NHS were the worst culprits). HSE Licence Holders are no exception by the way.

If you need more information PM me. :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Go onto HSE website and search for HSG210 Asbestos Essentials which is a 'how to do' work on non-licensible ACMs. Anyone doing this work for you should be using this guidance and should quote it as part of their Method Statement.

You COULD do it yourself but frankly the Waste Disposal aspects are ball aching unless you do it on a regular basis.

As an aside you are right, I have worked in this field for over thirty years and the amount of 'experts' who are incompetent charlatans is amazing. Their main skill is extracting money from gullible Clients (County Councils and the NHS were the worst culprits). HSE Licence Holders are no exception by the way.

Thanks for the response. I am tempted to do it myself and just get it done, but also want to ensure I don't do anything particularly stupid. I'm assuming I could just double bag the waste to the local tip? It isn't a huge amount of area to do really. I'll PM you tomorrow.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

After a bit more research, have you had any experience with Eco Solutions X-Tex? Supposedly a safe wet system removal of textured surfaces. Hove tip has an asbestos bin, so as long as double bagged, I should be fine for disposal.

Looks like patient work, but worth a go.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
After a bit more research, have you had any experience with Eco Solutions X-Tex? Supposedly a safe wet system removal of textured surfaces. Hove tip has an asbestos bin, so as long as double bagged, I should be fine for disposal.

Looks like patient work, but worth a go.

Not come across this product but it looks OK and complies with HSG210 Task A28 'Removing textured coating from a small area'.

Don't forget to wear a suitable dustmask with FFP3 standard Filtration and disposable overalls (Type 5) and dispose of them both plus any rags you use to wipe up as part of your produced waste.

Let me know how it goes via PM!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here