Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Fitting Composite front door

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Mrs Rat has worn me down and I've agreed to change the front door. I can see some decent prices online but am looking for someone to fit.

I'm in Seaford and would like my measurements double checked too.

If interested or know of anyone that might be then please drop me a PM or reply to message

Cheers!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
We are looking to get a new door, but apparently composite doors fade after a couple of years - check out alternatives to composites!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The only problem with composites we were advised, was that the two contrasting materials don't take kindly to the extremes of the south coast climate (salt air, damp, winds).

Instead we had a upvc door fitted, in that style, by R & D Goatley of Portslade. Very impressed with their work. Not cheap.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We are looking to get a new door, but apparently composite doors fade after a couple of years - check out alternatives to composites!

The only problem with composites we were advised, was that the two contrasting materials don't take kindly to the extremes of the south coast climate (salt air, damp, winds).

Instead we had a upvc door fitted, in that style, by R & D Goatley of Portslade. Very impressed with their work. Not cheap.

Useful information, cheers. Not going to back out just yet as place I was considering give a 10 year guarantee on fading and 35 years on door life.

Accept guarantees only as good as a business is trading but if I pay be credit card will get that covered. Will give them a buzz tomorrow to check on your comments

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here