Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] That Russian journalist shot dead in Kiev....

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
... not so dead it seems!

Can't quite follow the logic but seems he will be in the dog house with the wife for a while...

Ukraine reveals it staged 'murder' of Russian journalist Arkady Babchenko

Arkady Babchenko, the Russian journalist who was reported to have been shot dead in Kiev, has turned up alive at a news conference in Ukraine.

Babchenko emerged at a police press conference on Wednesday afternoon in front of journalists who had been expecting updates on the investigation into his murder.

Vasily Gritsak, head of the Ukrainian security service, told reporters the agency had faked Babchenko’s death to catch people who were trying to kill him.

Speaking to journalists, Babchenko apologised, saying: “I have been forced to bury my friends and colleagues many times and I know the sickening feeling.”

Apparently he had not even told his closest family members about the plan.

“Special apologies to my wife, Olechka, there was no other option,” Babchenko said to a room of visibly stunned journalists. “The operation was under preparation for two months.”

It was not immediately clear how Babchenko faking his death led to the apprehension of the suspect.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...chenko-who-was-reported-killed-is-still-alive

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
dead.gif

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Surprise!

I've read his book about his experiences in the Chechnyan war and goodness me it is both vivid and harrowing. Well worth a read to get an understanding about just how messed up that situation was.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What a complete and utter dick. Seems pretty pleased with himself. Good luck with getting another job in honest journalism anytime soon. Oh, and getting another wife anytime soon. What a wanker. Just handed the Kremlin one of it's greatest coups in recent times. Total ****

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What a complete and utter dick. Seems pretty pleased with himself. Good luck with getting another job in honest journalism anytime soon. Oh, and getting another wife anytime soon. What a wanker. Just handed the Kremlin one of it's greatest coups in recent times. Total ****

Also, the Kremlin normally end up getting their man eventually; I’d give him less than two years.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Think we’d all have different views if we lived under the threat of an aggressive more powerful neighbour who openly wants our fledgling democracy to fail

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I watched this and it made me think of Brick from Anchorman.

Classic stuff.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here