Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Great world cup moments

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I always think the BBC countdowns are a bit hackneyed and there are better iconic moments than they suggest. Here are some of mine, feel free to add your own:

[yt]oym402hCur0[/yt]

[yt]5vFiRZswjKE[/yt] :lolol:

[yt]aYDXkVGpMpc[/yt] :lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The world cup is about far more than just football though in my opinion. It's a major cultural event that brings the whole world together - such as it did in 1994 as it did with The German football team and The Village People. This is right up there for me.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The Carlos Alberto goal is the pinnacle for me. Nothing will ever come near the brilliance and exuberance of that side and that final goal just signed, sealed and delivered the perfect ending. They played football with a joy in their hearts and magic in their boots and should be held up for all time as the way to play the game. Every player was confident on the ball, had good control and could go past people. They didn't go backwards very often and when they did, it was only briefly.
Every young child becoming interested in football should be shown film of that side and I guarantee that they will fall in love with the game.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The History Channel is PACKED with World Cup stuff this week.

Anyone else watch 'One Night in Turin' last night? A great watch, and so many similarities in the build up (press slagging off certain players etc.)

Out of all the tournaments I've been to, Italia 90 was my favourite - brilliant times.

One thing I noticed watching last night, was that the Union Flag was still widely carried by English fans - yet 6 years later at Euro 96 it was all flags of St. George.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
[yt]vqzz7B7V2IE[/yt]

Best world cup tune ever

396_Argentine_Melody_cf.0917698d.jpg
Still have this gem on vinyl

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I always think the BBC countdowns are a bit hackneyed and there are better iconic moments than they suggest. Here are some of mine, feel free to add your own:

[yt]oym402hCur0[/yt]

[yt]5vFiRZswjKE[/yt] :lolol:

[yt]aYDXkVGpMpc[/yt] :lolol:

Didn't the President of Zaire say the team had to win the cup of they would brought back home and murdered? Nice blokie.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
After they beat us in the second round, I remember went crazy when Bergkamp knocked Argentina out in the quarters - but nowhere near as crazy as this Dutch commentator did. This is brilliant if you haven't heard it before.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
After they beat us in the second round, I remember went crazy when Bergkamp knocked Argentina out in the quarters - but nowhere near as crazy as this Dutch commentator did. This is brilliant if you haven't heard it before.

Who scored? I didn't quite catch the scorer's name ...!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here