Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Old board games

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Still play "Wembley" with my grandsons 40 years after playing with my sons. Bit out of date with division 3 north and south and Hereford and Darlington included!

Like Totopoly, Scoop, Cludo and the original Monopoly.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Haven't got any of them but I do have Ker-Plunk,Frustration,Operation,Buckaroo and Battleships in my loft somewhere.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Still play "Wembley" with my grandsons 40 years after playing with my sons. Bit out of date with division 3 north and south and Hereford and Darlington included!

Like Totopoly, Scoop, Cludo and the original Monopoly.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Remember Totopoly, seemed to drag on for ages. Also used to play Formula 1 board game (throw a 3 or 11 meant you spun off). Another one was Airways.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Topical as me and the missus are going to a party next weekend where we need to take a game, Any advice for a decent one - not a standard one everyone plays.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/faversham/news/town-set-for-its-own-monopoly-board-266758/

[MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION]
Are you prepared to give a statement???

I live 200 yards to the left of the boat on the left.

So I already have a house and if you land on it you can pay me £200 or I'll throw you into the creek. Wanna take a Chance? :wink:

I am assuming that Newton Road and Abbey Street will sub for Park Lane and Mayfair. We have four bus stops that can sub for the stations. Rockin'.

Instead of a water works we have a gunpowder works, abandoned (in truth it blew up), and instead of a Community Chest we have the barmaid in The Albion (my local).

We ought to have an Old Kent Road, given that any number of Old Kents live here . . .

And the Domesday book describes Feversham (home of malaria) to be populated by Miserable Peasants. In the eleventh century we became a 'limb' of Dover, one of the six 'cinque ports'. And in 1698, Shepherd and Neame invented Masterbrew.

Two thousand years of almost unblemshed mediocrity. And with the Neame family now in charge of everything (owners of the brewery, some pubs and even the cherished Macknade 'Farm Shop'), we are Monopoly all over.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ah the classics...

images.jpeg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I live 200 yards to the left of the boat on the left.

So I already have a house and if you land on it you can pay me £200 or I'll throw you into the creek. Wanna take a Chance? :wink:

I am assuming that Newton Road and Abbey Street will sub for Park Lane and Mayfair. We have four bus stops that can sub for the stations. Rockin'.

Instead of a water works we have a gunpowder works, abandoned (in truth it blew up), and instead of a Community Chest we have the barmaid in The Albion (my local).

We ought to have an Old Kent Road, given that any number of Old Kents live here . . .

And the Domesday book describes Feversham (home of malaria) to be populated by Miserable Peasants. In the eleventh century we became a 'limb' of Dover, one of the six 'cinque ports'. And in 1698, Shepherd and Neame invented Masterbrew.

Two thousand years of almost unblemshed mediocrity. And with the Neame family now in charge of everything (owners of the brewery, some pubs and even the cherished Macknade 'Farm Shop'), we are Monopoly all over.

Wow, and I thought I knew my history.
There's always hidden gems of knowledge to find out about.
Allsorts of oddities roaming the vicinity that can tell you about local history and some.
Take Ruislip for starters, we have a local down and out, who is always dressed in black and has impressive dreadlocks, locally known as the Ruislip rapper.
I'm sure [MENTION=29690]essbee1[/MENTION] has passed him in the high street ???

Anyway HWT, how's it going :D

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I've somehow managed to cart 3 games around with me from house to house over 30 years

Rich Uncle - made in 1946
Kevin Keegans Matchday - date unknown
Soccer Manager - From 1976

All a bit battered, prob not complete, and Rich Uncle definitely has some 'period' images that my kids remind me are 'unacceptable now..'

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I too have managed to bring a few childhood memories with me:

Formula 1
Railroader
Monopoly
Mine A Million
Buccaneer
Wildlife
Scoop
Totopoly

These have all so far eluded Mrs Earle's attempts to 'tidy up' the garage.

Diplomacy disappeared somewhere along the way. I just never understood how to play it!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
All of the above but also:
Kingmaker
Stratego
Cap It
Campaign
Axis & Allies

Loved ‘em all!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions