Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] League Two playoff final - who do you want to win?

Who will make it back to the third tier?

• Exeter

Votes: 36 50.0%
  • Coventry

Votes: 36 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The basement battle - Exeter v Coventry.

Exeter for me. They finished higher, nicer city and I hope Paul Tisdale stays with the Grecians. Coventry deliberately played for a draw in their last game of the regular season with Morecambe, thus relegating poor old Barnet.

Two Albion connections with Ryan Harley for Exeter and Jordan Maguire-Drew for Coventry.

Should be the best of the three playoff finals as both teams play attacking football. 3-2 to Exeter.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Coventry - their fans have been totally dumped on

But I think it will be Exeter

(why are the thread title and the poll different ? It's very confusing)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nothing against either side, and don't wish the misery of defeat on either of them. Marginally go for Coventry though, especially if one of ours (JMD) is playing for them. And, as others have said, Coventry fans have been well and truly shafted over the years.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Exeter for me too. Cov fans unreconstructed homophobes based on what I saw at Amex this season.

Cov have sold 35k+ and will outnumber Exeter fans 3:1. Total gate at Rotherham-Shrewsbury was only 26k.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
In stark contrast to the League One Final (where I was happy with either Rotherham or Shrewsbury going up), I’m not that keen on either of these League Two clubs.

I went off Exeter a bit when an arsey group of their fans took great delight in gloating over us in a completely OTT way when they beat us 2-1 down at their place in 2001ish. Now, I know I shouldn’t judge a club by such a small group of morons, but it does have an effect.

As for Coventry, I have great sympathy for their situation, but they did have 40 years of top flight football, so another year at the real end of the League is probably good for their fans.

In short, it’s a coin toss for me. Probably marginally in favour of Exeter.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Coventry for me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Coventry. I've got a good mate here who's flown back to London just to go to the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here