Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] This Wednesday's National Lottery Jackpot stands at...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A cool £1.8m. (half a Groß)

Not following the lottery I was somewhat surprised the jackpot was so low.

I take it not even the poor and stupid (I used to do 3 lines before more numbers were added) are falling for this stealth tax, anymore.

Better off doing the pools, esp now it's the summer so it'll be the Australian League (one for the kids)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
All ruined by introducing more numbers to try to make the jackpots bigger and introducing more draws for the lottery, and then adding other lottery draws like Thunderball meaning too many draws for those who play the same numbers

Price rises will have probably put a lot off too

I suspect most that will play the lottery will go for the Euromillions one instead of the domestic one as the jackpots are far bigger

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don’t think I’d grumble too much at a paltry £1.8m
Picking up 'only' £1.8m (assuming you don't have to share) on a once in 10 lifetimes 14,000,000/1 shot, would be a tad frustrating.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Picking up 'only' £1.8m (assuming you don't have to share) on a once in 10 lifetimes 14,000,000/1 shot, would be a tad frustrating.

I know a guy who only won 2 million a couple of years ago.

When I went round his new place he looked so frustrated sitting by his pool, with a nice new convertible on the big drive of his big new house.

As you say, boy, was he frustrated.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know a guy who only won 2 million a couple of years ago.

When I went round his new place he looked so frustrated sitting by his pool, with a nice new convertible on the big drive of his big new house.

As you say, boy, was he frustrated.

I would be too if I had to move up north!

You are of course correct, it is a stupid extrapolation of the 'blimey the lottery winnings are low' when it's still £1.8 MILLION.
I just assumed the base line was still something like £5m, hence being surprised it was so 'low'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here