Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watching Albion games on TV next season

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I wanted to buy someone the ability to watch Albion games next season on their TV. Last season, there was a fair amount of talk on here about 'Day Passes' on Sky or BT ?
Is there a simple way for me to buy some passes upfront and give it to them as a present ?

I believe their TV supplier is Virgin.

Thanking the great and good of NSC in anticipation :bowdown:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I can't get Virgin here in BN9, but NowTV works well for us. Day, week or monthly passes and no contract. Games on BT weren't covered but I believe that is changing soon?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wanted to buy someone the ability to watch Albion games next season on their TV. Last season, there was a fair amount of talk on here about 'Day Passes' on Sky or BT ?
Is there a simple way for me to buy some passes upfront and give it to them as a present ?

I believe their TV supplier is Virgin.

Thanking the great and good of NSC in anticipation :bowdown:

I have been amazed by RedBoxTV after downloading onto my Firestick, not the most legal of answers but for £40 it has to be the best, esp if you add Neptune Rising as well.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I have been amazed by RedBoxTV after downloading onto my Firestick, not the most legal of answers but for £40 it has to be the best, esp if you add Neptune Rising as well.

Sounds a little naughty. I feel that denying the likes of Sky and BT their rightful subscriptions for viewing their respective services is questionable, both morally and legally. Think of the contributions they make to players' welfare.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I use NowTV day passes. Just buy the pass on the day and it’s triggered as soon as you start watching. I think you can buy a whole load up front and for every day you watch the sky sports it uses one up. You can watch on a mobile device/Computer or tv if it has the app installed.

So easy to do and £7.95 to watch a match in the comfort of your own home is a bargain

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Watching NOW TV on a TV requires an app (free) if they have a Smart TV or a small NOW TV box/ or USB stick attached to the TV in question. The box can be used on standard tv's (assuming USB ports are available, not sure if the box has a HDMI connection!) or Smart Tv's

Currently only SKY sports channels are available on the NOW TV Sport section but as [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] says there is talk of BT Sport being added to the service ( quick look via Google suggests 2019 )

As NOW TV is a standalone service (via the Internet), the current TV supplier is irrelevant. :)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I use NowTV day passes. Just buy the pass on the day and it’s triggered as soon as you start watching. I think you can buy a whole load up front and for every day you watch the sky sports it uses one up. You can watch on a mobile device/Computer or tv if it has the app installed.

So easy to do and £7.95 to watch a match in the comfort of your own home is a bargain

Now tv week pass from currys for a tenner.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007

You have to buy the passes on line one at a time. You cannot store them on your account.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Thanks for all the replies, I'll check them all out. The person I want to get them for is quite elderly (hence can't make it to matches) and doesn't have any internet connection, so it looks like I may have to do it through Virgin :thumbsup:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Thanks for all the replies, I'll check them all out. The person I want to get them for is quite elderly (hence can't make it to matches) and doesn't have any internet connection, so it looks like I may have to do it through Virgin :thumbsup:

Just pay for the whole deal as I'm sure VM will have some pre season offers like half price for the sports and if you get the right package you get free BT Sports, you can't do Now with VM

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

If they don't have an internet connection then Virgin (or installing a satelite dish) is the only option as all the other ways (streams/Now TV etc) are online only.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
If they don't have an internet connection then Virgin (or installing a satelite dish) is the only option as all the other ways (streams/Now TV etc) are online only.

I am so lucky living in Turkey, I saw every Brighton game for free on Bein,commentry mainly in English but sometimes in Arabic

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Sounds a little naughty. I feel that denying the likes of Sky and BT their rightful subscriptions for viewing their respective services is questionable, both morally and legally. Think of the contributions they make to players' welfare.

It's theft, pure and simple.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am so lucky living in Turkey, I saw every Brighton game for free on Bein,commentry mainly in English but sometimes in Arabic
Which is what you get from RedBoxTV with the added bonus of the superb quality NBCsN feed as well as the usual Sky & BT options.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

I also use day passes. They work out good value if a group of you watching.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here