Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre-season Friendlies 2018-19: First team, U-23s and U-18s

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I was at Dorking last night. They advertised it as BHAFC Under 23s.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what point you are making.

I know it was advertised as the U-23s - I've posted a Dorking tweet in this thread that states Albion U-23s, and I had it listed as a fixture for the U-23s.

However, the Albion team that played was the U-18 squad.

:shrug:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm not sure what point you are making.

I know it was advertised as the U-23s - I've posted a Dorking tweet in this thread that states Albion U-23s, and I had it listed as a fixture for the U-23s.

However, the Albion team that played was the U-18 squad.

:shrug:

Not trying to make any point-simply saying it was advertised as under 23s when it was under 18s. Explains why none looked Premier League ready though.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not trying to make any point-simply saying it was advertised as under 23s when it was under 18s. Explains why none looked Premier League ready though.

When these fixtures are arranged (at least weeks, and possibly months, in advance) I imagine the club probably isn't even sure what team they might send. For instance, the Portsmouth News reported on July 9 that Pompey would be sending their first team to Albion on July 24, but that manager Kenny Jackett "..is still to learn the standard of opposition they are booked in to face. ... Although he is unsure whether they will face an under-23 side, squad players or regular Premier League performers."

Once the U-23 friendlies were listed on the official website a little while ago, the Dorking fixture wasn't featured, so I guess that should have given us a clue that it might be a younger squad. Chris Hughton ended up using most of the U-23s across the two friendlies on Tuesday, but if he hadn't maybe it would have been a stronger team last night. All part of the vagaries of pre-season, I guess.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Do you know which clubs they've come from?

From the Slovak GK (Viliam Hynek)'s instagram page, it would seem that he has indeed signed for the club. Would be a 1st-year scholar, if so. Previously at Slovan Bratislava and then FC Tatran Presov from January this year:-

ViliamHynek1.jpg

ViliamHynek2.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Updated:-

1st Team:

Saturday July 14 Kick-off: 1pm @ FC St Gallen (Venue: Kybunpark) - Drew 1-1
Friday July 20 Kick-off: 11:00am v Crawley Town (Venue: Behind Closed Doors at Amex Lancing Training Ground) - Won 3-0
Saturday July 21 Kick-off: 3pm @ AFC Wimbledon (Venue: Cherry Red Records Stadium) - Lost 1-2
Tuesday July 24 Kick-off: 11:00am v Portsmouth (Venue: Behind Closed Doors at Amex Lancing Training Ground) - Drew 1-1
Tuesday July 24 Kick-off: 7:45pm @ Charlton Athletic (Venue: The Valley) - Drew 1-1
Saturday July 28 Kick-off: 3pm @ Birmingham City (Venue: St Andrews)
Tuesday July 31 Kick-off: ? @ Nice (Venue: ?)
Friday Aug 3 Kick-off: 7:45pm v FC Nantes (Venue: Amex Stadium)

U-23s:

Friday July 13 v SC Braga B (At Complexo Desportivo de Fao) - Lost 0-3
Tuesday July 17 v Bognor Regis Town (7:45pm at Nyewood Lane) - Lost 1-2
Tuesday Aug 7 v Haywards Heath Town [Sussex Charity Shield] (7:30pm at Culver Road, Lancing)

U-18s:

Tuesday July 10 v Biggleswade United (At Second Meadow) - Won 3-1
Thursday July 26 v Dorking Wanderers (7:45pm at Meadowbank Stadium) - Drew 2-2
Sunday July 29 v Southend United (1:00pm at Boots & Laces)

I think we might have missed a fixture [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION]

Here's a RARE picture of the elusive Matteus Mormann in a (new) Brighton shirt. Don't think it is from any of the games listed?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
U18s drew their friendly against Southend U18s 4-4, though I don't know the scorers.

U23s have a friendly this afternoon against Fulham U23s.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here