Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre-season Friendlies 2018-19: First team, U-23s and U-18s

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A similar thread seemed to work okay last year, so I'll try the same this time around: use this thread to post about pre-season friendlies you hear about for the various Albion sides. The Argus has reported the first senior squad friendly - a workout against St Gallen in Switzerland (although not yet confirmed by the club). The U-23s have a fixture against Bognor Regis Town on July 17th. I'll periodically update the details as they become known.

1st Team:

July 14 v St Gallen (Venue TBC)

U-23s:

July 17 v Bognor Regis Town (7:45pm at Nyewood Lane)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
With the pre-season overseas tournaments becoming very lucrative not sure we are going to get a big team coming to the Amex. Of course, we could always join the others in Asia, America or any country that will buy our shirts (oh wait, we haven't any shirts to sell!)

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
Great report by AZ on the u23 season but one question. We had very few injuries with the first team squad yet quite a few youngsters out with long term problems. Am I mistaken about this, may be proportionally the same. If I am correct is there a reason and what can be done to protect development of young players.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Great report by AZ on the u23 season but one question. We had very few injuries with the first team squad yet quite a few youngsters out with long term problems. Am I mistaken about this, may be proportionally the same. If I am correct is there a reason and what can be done to protect development of young players.

Have you read 'the picture of Dorian Grey' by Oscar Wilde? It's a similar thing with us, where all the injuries that the first team should get are visited on the boys.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Chris Hughton’s team will depart for a pre-season training camp on Sunday 8th July, before playing against Swiss Super League side FC St Gallen six days later on Saturday 14th July, as part of their pre-season tour.

The Seagulls will face AFC Wimbledon at the Cherry Red Records Stadium on Saturday 21st July 2018 at 3pm.

Three days later on Tuesday 24th July, Albion travel to the Valley to face Charlton Athletic in a match which kicks-off at 7.45pm.

Next up is a match against Championship side Birmingham City at St Andrews, on Saturday 28th July, kick-off 3pm.

Albion expect to announce two further fixtures, firstly an away midweek fixture, potentially abroad, in the week commencing Monday 30th July.

The second will take place on the weekend of Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th August at the Amex, as the squad conclude their preparations for the new campaign with a showpiece home friendly.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The second will take place on the weekend of Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th August at the Amex, as the squad conclude their preparations for the new campaign with a showpiece home friendly.

Very much doubt it will be the Saturday as that clashes with Pride

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Very interested in the Birmingham game, as it is nice and local.

My three year-old has been asking to go to see 'Seagulls play football' recently... is three (nearly 4) too young to take to a match? As it's a pre-season match, I guess it will be a relaxed atmosphere.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That Birmingham game will be a nice "look at what you could've won" for Stockdale, as they ramp up their preparation for another second division relegation scrap.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Very interested in the Birmingham game, as it is nice and local.

My three year-old has been asking to go to see 'Seagulls play football' recently... is three (nearly 4) too young to take to a match? As it's a pre-season match, I guess it will be a relaxed atmosphere.

It's not too young to take to football but expect his attention to wander as 90 mins is a long time for a kid of that age to pay attention. Recent friendlies have been pretty relaxed with lots of families as it's a chance to get actually get tickets for a cheaper price than league games.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It's not too young to take to football but expect his attention to wander as 90 mins is a long time for a kid of that age to pay attention. Recent friendlies have been pretty relaxed with lots of families as it's a chance to get actually get tickets for a cheaper price than league games.

Thanks... I'll take lots of snacks, and a tablet with a couple of Thunderbirds episodes!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thanks... I'll take lots of snacks, and a tablet with a couple of Thunderbirds episodes!

Awesome, hopefully he'll love it. First took my son to a Brighton game when he was 4 and he was hooked from outset!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
AFC Wimbledon will be a decent away day.
Saturday in South London, pre and post match beers in Wimbledon, easy to get to, new ground for most fans as well.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
There is something called LoveBN1Fest at Preston Park on the Sunday which seems to be a spin off from the main Pride.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here