Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your Favourite Ever Film Composer

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Your Favourite Ever Film Composer ?

For me it is John Barry and this majestic piece tops the lot of his wonderful scores

Which film composer do you consider to be the best ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHvKviaeulg

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
John Barry or his no.1. fan - Hans Zimmer. OHMSS is the greatest Bond score ever - cool and menacing like its main character. Please remake that film.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Loved the score of a fistful of dollars recently seen

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As I always post when Uncle S starts this thread anew every seven months, John Carpenter is possibly the most multitalented, not only did he write and compose such classics as the themes to Halloween and Assault on Precint 13 , among many, many others, he also wrote screenplays, directed films, edited them, produced them...while we waste our lives on here.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
John Williams: Jaws, Jurassic Park...it just goes on and on.

Then Morricone. For a few dollars more..my ringtone for many years.

The ballad of the soldier is my favourite by him.. Very mournful.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
All very predictable so far....

How about Mogwai’s soundtrack to Zidane.
British Sea Powers Man Of Arun
Asian Dub Foundation- La Haine

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ennio Morricone - no-one comes close. The body of worked he has produced, and continues to produces, may never be bettered.

Let's start with the main theme from 'Once Upon A Time In The West' - it's extraordinary. Main theme from 'Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo' is legendary and known the world over, though the tension in the final sequence, played with the much-used and imitated piece 'Il Trio' is another masterpiece. The quirky theme from 'My Name Is Nobody' (used in a sitcom about 10 years ago, the name of which escapes me). The atmospheric and haunting theme from 'Le Professionel' called 'Chi Mai, which reached No.2 in the UK charts in 1982. There's the menace of the pan pipes - the PAN PIPES! - in 'Once Upon A Time In America'. The majesty of the them from 'The Mission'. And on and on and on and on. This doesn't come close to scratching the surface is his outstanding work - over 500 film scores - over the past 70+ years.

He also wrote ballads, especially for Italian diva, Mina Mazzini.

But this, for me, is his 'piece de resistance' - main theme from 'A Fistful of Dynamite' (aka Giu La Testa - 'Duck, You Sucker'). Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI2SYf-JpXo

Oh, John Barry second.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here