Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Dirty Barry

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Reckons we’re one of 6 clubs to have expressed an interest in former West Ham defender and leader of men James Collins.

Good move?? Villa are one of the other clubs in for him so if they get promoted the mahoosive super giant club they are he is bound to go there but with masses of PL experience would be good backup/competition for the back 4.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Experienced fellow to have about, especially since the departure of Sidwell and Rosenior, which would be good. Also allows Goldson a loan out as I'm guessing it'll only be a one year contract if it happens.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
o0500026413822980806.gif

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
been part of a ropey defence, when he could get into the team. injured? not sure any truth in this.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
almost, he owned a sex shop and D&R were going to sell them to him (i think)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reckons we’re one of 6 clubs to have expressed an interest in former West Ham defender and leader of men James Collins.

Good move?? Villa are one of the other clubs in for him so if they get promoted the mahoosive super giant club they are he is bound to go there but with masses of PL experience would be good backup/competition for the back 4.
Announcement at 4 !

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

No thank you.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He was mentioned on one of the other threads... but the general consensus among us fans wasn't positive. Think he could have been a sensible signing last season when we were new to the league, especially as Goldson wasn't available at the time.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oh for the love of God not this again.

He's a slow ponderous, as porous a defender as the chalk which forms the roots of the south downs... the man is a calamity, a terrible error strewn example of someone who should now be plying his trade as an assistant manager in a run down shopping complex at Sports Direct.

If we sign him, on doubtless massive wages, he'll bring with him a track record of sweeping peoples drives badly. He's finished, and I'd hate to see a formerly wise club make the mistake of giving an old goat one last season in the greener pasture beyond the bridge of trolls.

So in summary, I'm not at all keen.

Meh, meh, meh.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
didn't any of you see him for WH at home ?

Quite literally - this.

He made us look world class, not just once, but quite unbelievably twice - as I think he starred in the WH away capitulation too. He’s immobile, and ball kickingly obviously shit.

If this is a joke, then hilarity prevails. If we’re seriously interested, I simply cannot fathom why? Unless this is to increase our attacking players confidence by allowing them to run rings round him in training?!? Masterstroke.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Oh for the love of God not this again.

He's a slow ponderous, as porous a defender as the chalk which forms the roots of the south downs... the man is a calamity, a terrible error strewn example of someone who should now be plying his trade as an assistant manager in a run down shopping complex at Sports Direct.

If we sign him, on doubtless massive wages, he'll bring with him a track record of sweeping peoples drives badly. He's finished, and I'd hate to see a formerly wise club make the mistake of giving an old goat one last season in the greener pasture beyond the bridge of trolls.

So in summary, I'm not at all keen.

Meh, meh, meh.
Yeah, yeah, yeah
The most important thing is...

Rainbow rising.
Best rainbow album?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Quite literally - this.

He made us look world class, not just once, but quite unbelievably twice - as I think he starred in the WH away capitulation too. He’s immobile, and ball kickingly obviously shit.

If this is a joke, then hilarity prevails. If we’re seriously interested, I simply cannot fathom why? Unless this is to increase our attacking players confidence by allowing them to run rings round him in training?!? Masterstroke.

I wouldn't worry. It won't happen otherwise we would have offered Uwe a new deal

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yeah, yeah, yeah
The most important thing is...

Rainbow rising.
Best rainbow album?

Now this IS interesting.

I love all three of the Dio era albums. For me the début contains five monumental songs: Man on the Silver Mountain, Sixteenth Century Greensleeves, Self Portrait, Temple of the King and Catch the Rainbow. Rising is utter class from start to finish; monumental riffage, some of the best drumming from Cozy - ever laid down on tape tbh and then there is Ritchie and Ronnie utterly nailing everything to the floor. Tony Carey even peaked with those timeless keyboard flourishes. Long Live... is nearly as brilliant but heads in a more commercial direction in parts and then we have the Gates of Babylon... still the greatest ever guitar solo... period... Kill the king too is glorious. Finally we end with Rainbow Eyes, beautiful and the perfect epitaph to one of the greatest rock bands ever. What followed was, well, wigs... shades and Hawaiian shirts, some okay moments but nothing to touch the majesty of the Dio era.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here