Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Alexa device records private conversation and sends to random contact

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
One more reason to never use Amazon.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Actually their explanation that 'background noise' activated it could be true. I was once trying to book cinema tickets over the phone using a voice-activated service. It had got to the bit where it asked me how many student tickets I required. I didn't want any, but before I could say "Zero", my dog barked. The confirmation voice then said "You have ordered seventeen student tickets. Is that correct?"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Actually their explanation that 'background noise' activated it could be true. I was once trying to book cinema tickets over the phone using a voice-activated service. It had got to the bit where it asked me how many student tickets I required. I didn't want any, but before I could say "Zero", my dog barked. The confirmation voice then said "You have ordered seventeen student tickets. Is that correct?"

Bens Granddad's coo coo clock struck six and he ordered 2 dozen tickets to the Palace Beer Festival at Selhurst Park but Alexa said "Even I can't believe BG would want 2 dozen tickets to the Palace Beer Festival." She ended up reserving 2 dozen rooms at the Crystal Palace Resort in Colakli Beach Turkei.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

It’s good your dog has so many friends. A tad dishonest unless they are all at obedience classes though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Sausages?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Alexa can listem all day to me if she likes. If she sends random messages to my contacts along the lines of 'What are we having for tea? 'Where are the kids school bag' and 'You should give your mum a ring' I can live with that for voice activated music, radio and the random shit the kids ask.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here