Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England V Pakistan.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Bring Moeen back in as a batsman/2nd spin option. Root Moeen Bairstow Stokes Buttler is a solid middle order and then Bess plus 3 seamers. Cook and another opener and there's the eleven. Yes it's a weak side with Malan/Stoneman/Vince/whoever but there's enough quality in there to dominate let alone win as game. Would say the problem would be with Bayliss but we know this anyway #BaylissOUT

Deckchairs and Titanic come to mind. I'll go for Moeen but I'm afraid that Bess just doesn't look like he could buy a wicket especially on early season green-tops?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm with Michael Vaughan - we are proper shit, so it's time to ruffle a few feathers. You can start by putting Chris Broad out to pasture - doesn't take enough wickets, has been rubbish with the bat ever since the bouncer incident, and England need to rebuild soon enough anyway. Wood looks a decent alternative and didn't do that much wrong really.

Ultimately, some of the issues we have are not going to be easily solved. We have only got one decent opener, we haven't got any decent spinners, and our middle order fold like a pack of cards.

Decent opener: I have no idea what to do here, none of the possible suitors look anywhere near good enough. Jennings in again? Jesus, that is desperate.
Decent spinners: We don't have any. With that in mind, stop picking them for the sake of it. You may as well just pick Moeen when/if he finds his batting form again.
Middle order: Given his track record so far, it's time to realise that Root is not a captain. Give him a chance to be a decent, reliable batsman again and make someone else captain.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Don't get the Buttler thing at all.

In the IPL he started the tournament batting down the order. Eventually the penny dropped for RR and they promoted him to opener and his consistent scores took RR from right down the bottom through to the qualifiers. Just because a player is scoring runs as an opener in T20 doesn't mean they will succeed at 7 or 8 in a Test match.

Stokes was total pony in the IPL (apart from one cracking bowling display).

The differences between T20 and Tests are becoming more and more pronounced. Buttler is a white ball cricketer; he is never going to cut it at Test level. That isn't what his game is about.

I do agree we need another captain though. Winning the toss and batting on a green wicket with overcast conditions was just barmy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here