Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone here fly a drone?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I am a keen photographer and am looking to add a little something extra to my portfolio. With this in mind I wonder if anyone here has first hand experience of using a drone for taking good quality stills?

If so, what’s the recommendations.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I am a keen photographer and am looking to add a little something extra to my portfolio. With this in mind I wonder if anyone here has first hand experience of using a drone for taking good quality stills?

I don't own one, but I am keen to purchase one soon. I don't think you go wrong with the DJI range; both the Mavic Pro and Air models are remarkable devices.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Genius!

3: don’t crash on take-off
4: don’t run out of battery
6: don’t hit a tree or building
7: don’t crash on landing

I love his dead-pan delivery. I actually think he’s deadly serious about his advice, but you could easily see the vid as a total piss-take. Loved it.

Yes, he really is "droning" on.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I'd check how much the insurance policy is to cover the risk of dropping on somebodies head

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I've used DJI drones that friends own, and have visited their flagship store in Shenzhen. They're absolute quality and if I was in the market for a drone, I wouldn't consider anything other than DJI

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I was amazed at how easily I downed one last summer,it flew far to low over my garden,hovering for about seconds,I got pissed off and let rip with the garden hose on Jet Mode.
Wallop,it came down.
Nobody ever came round for it,I was hoping they would.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I was amazed at how easily I downed one last summer,it flew far to low over my garden,hovering for about seconds,I got pissed off and let rip with the garden hose on Jet Mode.
Wallop,it came down.
Nobody ever came round for it,I was hoping they would.

Brilliant, glad I live in Kent then and out of hose range :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep, I was aware of those regs (most), but my intention is to use a drone well away from people or moveable objects, so don’t think I’ll need the pilots license.

I think you need one if you have any commercial operation whatsoever with it - regardless of risk. So if you were taking photos as part of your business, I think you need a license. Just for your personal use, then obviously different.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Sidney Smutt from Viz flew a drone to spy on a naked woman having a shower and was ready to knock one out before it got discovered. :down:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here