Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] RIP Rupe Fresher

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Sorry if fixtures but been away a week.

See in Argus today that Rupe passed away in Toronto.

Those of a certain age will know that he was a massive favourite of Tiger's fans in the last days of the Brighton Tigers Ice Hockey team.

Many a great evening at the old Sports Stadium in West Street.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I remember him well too. This news has made me very sad. He was the Bruno of the Tigers.

Rest in Peace Rupe. You gave us Tiger fans some fantastic moments winning the league and the cup double in 1965.

I used to have a broken stick, which we could pick up from near the sin bin after the game. If it still had some blade on it, you would get your favourite player to autograph it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sorry to hijack this for a personal consideration - this is one of those times when I wish I could go and tell my Dad 'have you heard about Rupe Fresher?'

He used to tell me loads of stories about the Brighton Tigers at SS Brighton, and especially his hero Rupe Fresher. Him and his future wife (my mum) would make a point of heading down West Street (for some proper sport) and support their local ice hockey team.

Time passes.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
So sorry to hear this I was only talking about him last Saturday, a real sporting hero.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Sorry to hijack this for a personal consideration - this is one of those times when I wish I could go and tell my Dad 'have you heard about Rupe Fresher?'

He used to tell me loads of stories about the Brighton Tigers at SS Brighton, and especially his hero Rupe Fresher. Him and his future wife (my mum) would make a point of heading down West Street (for some proper sport) and support their local ice hockey team.
Time passes.

It was ideal because the Albion played on. Saturday afternoon & the Tigers on a Sunday night.

It was losing the Tigers, when the council refused to listen to the fans, that gave me the passion to fight for Falmer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here