Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] monks farm planning

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I'm not totally for the development and neither am I against it, however those that continue to oppose the development due to traffic should put their time and effort into getting a proper bypass of Worthing and Lancing green lit.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
not familar with it, maybe complaints it will increase traffic, block someones access to dog walking, dont like the developemnt, all manner of objections and delays.
quick google suggests they are developing it, started tearing down current building.

Just the twenty years then

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think TB is that bothered..although i wonder if she would be at all unless it was the club behind it

I would be bothered. The A27 is a doddle compared to the A259 in Newhaven, and the hundreds of new homes proposed around here.

I hate having to go up to Ikea in Croydon, especially when we spotted a large rat walking along the pavement.
Ask THPP, as he was in the car with us at the time.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The football club that you support has spent thousands on employing experts in transport planning to ensure that the development will not have a significant adverse impact on traffic. Objecting can only waste the club's and local council tax payers' money. Unless you are a transport expert and can prove that the development contravenes planning policy.

That the fact that BHA are involved is irrelevant as far as i am concerned

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I would be bothered. The A27 is a doddle compared to the A259 in Newhaven, and the hundreds of new homes proposed around here.

I hate having to go up to Ikea in Croydon, especially when we spotted a large rat walking along the pavement.
Ask THPP, as he was in the car with us at the time.

Compared to the A259 in Newhaven? Cobblers........and how often are you going to Ikea??? Could always shop online! The bothered bit refers to the posters objection

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I guess we should build anything anywhere then

Unfortunately we are lumbered with needing 3.9m new homes, mostly in Southern England. Brownfield sites can only supply a small proportion. Wherever they are built, there will be worse congestion, no matter what anyone says.

I think we should protect sites of great beauty or native fauna/flora.

Places like Monks Farm are neither, so it fits the bill.

I wish the UK population figure had stayed steady to prevent all this, but the genie was let of the bubble in 1997.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Compared to the A259 in Newhaven? Cobblers........and how often are you going to Ikea??? Could always shop online! The bothered bit refers to the posters objection

Dual carriageway on the A27, with a new roundabout & slip roads.

Single carriageway, ring road, permission for hundreds of home at the back of Peacehaven just granted, with planning in for an aggregate processing plant on east quay taking over Tide Mills.
Some comparison.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Unfortunately we are lumbered with needing 3.9m new homes, mostly in Southern England. Brownfield sites can only supply a small proportion. Wherever they are built, there will be worse congestion, no matter what anyone says.

I think we should protect sites of great beauty or native fauna/flora.

Places like Monks Farm are neither, so it fits the bill.

I wish the UK population figure had stayed steady to prevent all this, but the genie was let of the bubble in 1997.

Fine with all you've said..hard to disagree.but if someone dares to object they are a nimby or ..wasting the clubs money etc....i've never said I was against ...i said in an earlier post that i remain to be convinced....not against!..start putting in the right infrastructure ..roads support services etc and that might make a difference and that applies to any development ..you can't just ignore those things (and i'm not saying you did) because we needs houses...'i'd like to visit Ikea easier'' or because the club's owner is involved....etc

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If there is a housing problem why haven’t they built a few hundred residences at Tevill Gate? It’s been available for development for over 20 years, is on a brownfield site, and has excellent rail and road connections.

As I posted on a separate thread yesterday, there's a tract of land next to where I live, which has been sold with planning permission for homes, two years ago.
It's been nicely fenced off since then, but not a single drop of concrete has been laid yet. Land is an investment, and some developers are just sitting on it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Shock news, you don't need to visit ikea to purchase and have delivered any item of furniture from their stock

True, but I'm not sure I would pay a £50 delivery charge for a set of good quality saucepans, and a couple of plumptious cushions.
Ikea is not just flat pack furniture, or else it would have gone the same way as MFI.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here