Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Made me smile when it says in that article, 'it remains to be seen whether Sissako will get to taste Premier League football with Brighton next season', at just 17 years old, l could almost put my mortgage on it by saying that he won't get anywhere near the first team for two or three seasons.

He'll be 18 in November. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he could get a run out.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Have we also been tracking another young French Defender? Or is this the same one. I'm sure this other defender was coming from Nantes?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It just goes to show how crucial promotion to the top division for the u23s is. It means that we become more attractive to players like this. We'll be able to offer extremely competitive football at this age level, while also providing a route to PL football. With the improvement of the u23s, my hope is that the barrier between the two squads -- first team and u23s -- becomes less defined.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Batista Mendy.

No, you're quite correct. Apparently we've also been tracking Batista Mendy from Nantes. Not sure how much truth there is in it though:-

http://sportwitness.co.uk/brighton-...-sign-18-year-old-defender-surprising-choice/

Batista Mendy. Transfer rumours a couple of months ago, but as far as I can see he's still with Nantes.

Thanks all, seems we're going down the French route for some our youngsters!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here