Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Bishop Michael Curry

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bishop Michael Curry

The fella was great for 10 minutes whiich was probably his slot but I think he then lost the plot and then saw an opportunity to preach to 2 billion people worldwide to his type of religion and hijacked the occassion.

Sure he did a powerful speech at the start but he totally lost the moment and forgot it was about Harry and Meghan and their wedding.

It got to the stage of awkwardness in the end. Shame really as he made some good points but was best for his congress and his sermons

Seemed to me he went on far too long and misjudged this event

Seems a polarisation of views on social media with this

All in all I thought the Royal Wedding though was a marvelous occassion, almost flawless and proud to be British

Your views

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought he was really good and an alternative sermon to some that can be very tedious

You have to remember there was a bit of British and bit of American in that service

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thought he was really good and an alternative sermon to some that can be very tedious

You have to remember there was a bit of British and bit of American in that service

Fair comment. I am 50.50. Good it was so different I guess but he should have stopped after 10 minutes in a blaze of glory

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sorry,but he had us in stitches.Somebody in the bar said he was like the Eddie Murphy character Reverend Love? and that broke the spell.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The borderline sniggering amongst various royals - Zara and Tindall, Beatrice and Eugenie, and even the bride and groom - beamed around the world was a bit unfortunate.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’m with US here (not USA) and I think he hi jacked an otherwise flawless occasion. Ok Megan needed a bit of US of A drama and sensationalism but this was a wedding, not a Billy Graham lecture. I get the point about fire, but what about water, wind, tidal, etc. That could’ve gone on for hours.

Thankfully we have Kate as our next Queen (or Camilla).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Bishop Michael Curry

The fella was great for 10 minutes whiich was probably his slot but I think he then lost the plot and then saw an opportunity to preach to 2 billion people worldwide to his type of religion and hijacked the occassion.

Sure he did a powerful speech at the start but he totally lost the moment and forgot it was about Harry and Meghan and their wedding.

It got to the stage of awkwardness in the end. Shame really as he made some good points but was best for his congress and his sermons

All in all I thought the Royal Wedding though was a marvelous occassion, almost flawless and proud to be British

Your views

Agreed completely. Had he done this five minutes it would have been great and perfect. Still slightly alternative but not attempting to use his one opportunity for fame. He repeated the same message about ten times. Good guy but misjudged the length badly.

Jan 30, 2008
Bishop Michael Curry

Your views
God bless AMERICA :facepalm:
regards
DR

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A refreshing change from the usual sterility of religion on display in these sorts of state events.

Whatever one's personal beliefs are, it was very clear that Michael Curry, invited by Meghan Markle to speak, has genuine faith.

And it was an address that anyone who's ever been in love could understand.

"There's power, power in love. If you don't believe me think about a time when you first fell in love. The whole world seemed to centre around you and your beloved."

It's a message that's as relevant today in our broken fallen world as much as it's ever been.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Charlie staring at his feet shoulders jigging done it me.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
[QUOTE=hart's shirt;8462271. The whole world seemed to centre around you and your beloved."

Isn’t this what Donald Trump believes, except his beloved is himself

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here