Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A guide to Sussex / Wedding controversy - OMG, what have they done...?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
"So maybe the royal couple will pay a visit to The Amex next season to see Brighton play Harry's beloved Arsenal (even princes have flaws).

Who knows, maybe the Seagulls will gain a new fan in Meghan?"

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Sussex pond pudding...WTF.? Never heard of it...what about the world famous "Banoffee Pie"?

Win the cup...that's soooo 2016.

I liked Frankie Boyles comment last night "So, Meghan is going to be called "The Duchess of Sussex" poor girl thought she was going to be a Princess and finds herself named after a pub in Eastbourne":albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's undeniably beautiful - Well half of it is.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's undeniably beautiful - Well half of it is.

I'd hoped on such a glorious, wonderful, good news day for Sussex that we'd all now realise that, like our Duke and Duchess will be in less than 3 hours, we are joined as one and always have been. However if you're going to start up the segregated debate again I'd just like to point out that the BBC article above, with the exception of a brief mention of West Wittering beach as a token gesture, is pretty much a guide, albeit a snippet, to the great and good of Eastern Sussex - and it doesn't even mention Wetherspoon's in Bexhill either.

Last edited:

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Sussex pond pudding...WTF.? Never heard of it...what about the world famous "Banoffee Pie"?

Win the cup...that's soooo 2016.

I liked Frankie Boyles comment last night "So, Meghan is going to be called "The Duchess of Sussex" poor girl thought she was going to be a Princess and finds herself named after a pub in Eastbourne":albion2:
You heathen, Sussex Pond Pudding is fab [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd hoped on such a glorious, wonderful, good news day for Sussex that we'd all now realise that, like our Duke and Duchess will be in less than 3 hours, we are joined as one and always have been. However if you're going to start to the segregated debate again I'd just like to point out that the BBC article above, with the exception of a brief mention of West Wittering beach as a token gesture, is pretty much a guide, albeit a snippet, to the great and good of Eastern Sussex - and it doesn't even mention Wetherspoon's in Bexhill either.

Exactly how it should.
This sort of puff piece has to inflate the the lesser partner, as the dominate half speaks for itself.
Which is why Bexhill's 'spoons doesn't get a mention.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I'd hoped on such a glorious, wonderful, good news day for Sussex that we'd all now realise that, like our Duke and Duchess will be in less than 3 hours, we are joined as one and always have been. However if you're going to start to the segregated debate again I'd just like to point out that the BBC article above, with the exception of a brief mention of West Wittering beach as a token gesture, is pretty much a guide, albeit a snippet, to the great and good of Eastern Sussex - and it doesn't even mention Wetherspoon's in Bexhill either.

I was hoping you'd be along.

It's no mention of stoolball that makes the article redundant.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well if you hurry, you can be Johnny on the spot at Cliveden to give MM guidance :thumbsup:

Nah, staying firmly in front of the tele today, did Windsor last night and it was bonkers enough then! (did chuckle at M&S, who'd changed their store signs to Markle & Sparks). But 100,000+ visitors in that tiny town doesn't bear thinking about :mad:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Perhaps the new Duke and Duchess could travel down by Southern. It may be the only chance we have of a train running on time

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
However if you're going to start up the segregated debate again I'd just like to point out that the BBC article above, with the exception of a brief mention of West Wittering beach as a token gesture, is pretty much a guide, albeit a snippet, to the great and good of Eastern Sussex - and it doesn't even mention Wetherspoon's in Bexhill either.

What I find confusing, and let's face it, that article is based upon Brighton in general, the East Sussex sign is just near the Amex which is east of Brighton, so how does that work? Is it because Brighton became homeless and is neither East nor West Sussex, and if that is the case then East Sussex had about as much mention as West!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here