Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls ‘close to signing’ Deportivo La Coruna striker

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION are closing in on a deal for Deportivo La Coruna striker Florin Andone, according to Guillem Balague.

Andone, 25, is a long-term target for Brighton and is available for just £5.2m (€6m) after Deportivo were relegated from La Liga.
“Brighton are close to signing striker Florin Andone from Deportivo,” Spanish football expert Balague said. “He scored 19 goals in 48 games for Deportivo.
“He’s a very mobile forward and works very hard without the ball.
“He reminds me a little bit of Marko Arnautovic.
“Perhaps he needs a lot of chances to score but Chris Hughton is quite impressed with him.
“He has identified him as a target and wants to bring him to the club.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/703690/Brighton-Transfer-News-Florin-Andone-Deportivo-La-Coruna-Rumours-Gossip?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+%28Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sing him up !

Balague knows his stuff, although he did say the Leo deal was a loan to buy ( it may be, we can't say for sure just yet..).

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Hold the nerve!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that we need experience to complement Bruno and Murray as we have a number of younger players. As regards LR I suggested the National League for him in order that he may continue in the area that her wishes for the future as his playing careers is nearing an end. Would he want to become a makeshift League player, I dont think so, so unless he can find a player/coach role I think the National League will allow him to continue playing while mapping out his future.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Sounds like Hemed II

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Don't need any more strikers IMO - with CH only going 1 up front I reckon if Locadia has a good summer he will get the nod ahead of Murray, with Baldock & Hemed as back up (unless they are sold). No point wasting money on having 5 strikers if we are only going to play 1. Bit like having 5 keepers on the books - pointless.

Creative midfielder is what we require and I suspect with CH's comments about it being a relatively quiet summer for transfer activity, I reckon he should concentrate on the midfielder, left back and centre half positions first.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Hmmm...

Relegated with Cordoba - relegated with Deportivo - didn't score in any of his last nine games - wasn't first choice for Deportivo towards the end of the season - behind Lucas Perez and Adrian. Stats don't always tell you everything but had 16 starts this season and 13 as a playing sub, scoring 7. Maybe we could set our sights a bit higher ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here