Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England 2018 World Cup Squad - No Hart, no Wilshere...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
According to reports in the press. Bravo Southgate!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Good news on both. Hart has been awful, and Wilshere (for me) never seems to have fulfilled his early potential. He's also made of balsa wood and unicorn tears and smokes too much for a professional footballer.

I'll be impressed if Southgate has the balls to leave both out.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Does Southgate call them the night before and then they leak it to the press ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Our midfield is so sh1te.

There's part of me that feels we can't compete in the centre of the park so why not bypass that part of the field completely and pick ball-playing centre backs like Dunk and Maguire to pump balls towards Kane and Carroll, with Walker and Rose bombing on and getting in crosses too.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
One suspects Jake Livermore will go presumably to drive the lads home in a Russian taxi after a night out on the lash. I'm no Wilshire fan but it seems odd some of Southgates thinking. Not on Hart though. He got that one bang on.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Does not matter who he picks, we are coming straight back home anyway, we have not even got a decent goalie.
We should take the kids from the unders who won their cup, give them the experience, we will stand a much better chance next time around.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
The reports are that Fabian Delph is in it though, so would leave off the Bravo's for now.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The reports are that Fabian Delph is in it though, so would leave off the Bravo's for now.

Delph...seriously? Bloody hell. He must have a Polaroid of Southgate screwing a chimp.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

See, I thought this was strange when it was first mentioned, but if you talk to City fans (and various football commentators), Delph has had a superb season.

Let's face it, if he's been a regular in THAT side, he must have been pretty decent.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
See, I thought this was strange when it was first mentioned, but if you talk to City fans (and various football commentators), Delph has had a superb season.

Let's face it, if he's been a regular in THAT side, he must have been pretty decent.

Fair enough. I think he’s a poor choice but let’s see.

In a team of shining stars it can be difficult to get your light seen I guess. If he turns out to be great I’ll eat your hat.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Despite ‘injuries’ and ‘attitude problems’, Wilshire & Shelvey remain the two most creative and progressive central English midfielders we have. There is no one else who can ping the ball from deep and hit anyone they like. I suspect we’ll end up with two limited lumps in the centre of midfield like Henderson & Dier. Gareth Palacegate is about to **** up another World Cup to the extent of us not getting out of the group stages.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Appalling decision regarding Wilshere. The only England midfielder with star quality, look at the rest - Dier, Henderson, Delph RLC, Livermore. Which of those will get you off your seat? Only Dele Alli has what it takes and he can’t do it alone. Worst England squad since the 70s.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Got no issue if Delph goes. Solid player, plays two positions and used to playing big games against good teams.

Hart out is obviously correct.

Wilshere should go. He is better at playing football than the other options.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Our midfield is so sh1te.

There's part of me that feels we can't compete in the centre of the park so why not bypass that part of the field completely and pick ball-playing centre backs like Dunk and Maguire to pump balls towards Kane and Carroll, with Walker and Rose bombing on and getting in crosses too.

Jesus. Is it really this desperate?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Our midfield looks so much stronger than the potential Belgian shambles.

They won't look forward to to facing us, that's for sure.

What’s the issue with Belgium?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Does Southgate call them the night before and then they leak it to the press ?

So

- you get a short call from Southgate giving you the bad news

- the England players have various WhatsApp groups where this stuff is discussed

- multiple opportunities for leaking there.

- actual announcement is 10am.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here