Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sorry, but where is Dunk?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It seems about correct to me but I would say 2 out of 3 in Cahill Jones and Dunk but the rest I dont think there is any argument. I also think GS may play Walker as a CB as one of 3 CBs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It seems about correct to me but I would say 2 out of 3 in Cahill Jones and Dunk but the rest I dont think there is any argument. I also think GS may play Walker as a CB as one of 3 CBs.

There isn't an argument over Mawson, a CB with a résumé of 2 relegation battles to his name, 1 failed. I have no idea how he is in the squad? :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Southgate is ex Palace, Southgate is from Crawley, enough said

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
He's on that list from the BBC to which BG claimed there was no argument on any of them other than a choice between Cahill, Jones and Dunk...

Only skimmed it but isn't it just basically a list of CD's that have had a call up at some point? The reality, as unpopular as it might be on here, is that there isn't a huge amount between any of the central defenders he might take. I'd have called Lewis up for that pair of friendlies but perhaps Southgate has decided that given the relative strengths of all those he has to select from he would rather pick CD's who regularly play in a back 3, seeing as he is very likely to favour that in the tournament, along with those he has more personal knowledge of. I am sure if you asked on a Burnley board they would say Tarkowski should go, Newcastle Lascelles etc etc. I am surprised he didn't take the opportunity to take a look in those friendlies especially given his apparent preference for ball players but it's too late now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Only skimmed it but isn't it just basically a list of CD's that have had a call up at some point? The reality, as unpopular as it might be on here, is that there isn't a huge amount between any of the central defenders he might take. I'd have called Lewis up for that pair of friendlies but perhaps Southgate has decided that given the relative strengths of all those he has to select from he would rather pick CD's who regularly play in a back 3, seeing as he is very likely to favour that in the tournament, along with those he has more personal knowledge of. I am sure if you asked on a Burnley board they would say Tarkowski should go, Newcastle Lascelles etc etc. I am surprised he didn't take the opportunity to take a look in those friendlies especially given his apparent preference for ball players but it's too late now.

You've not even skimmed it really, here is what is stated:

So who is in form and who has stood out in the Premier League this season?

BBC Sport has taken the key statistics from each position to see if there are any standout options.

So on Monday, BBC Sport produce an article by one of their pundits with Lewis Dunk in the team of the season, so basically 1 of 2 Premier League central defenders.

Tuesday, Dunk isn't even included in a list of central defenders who have stood out this season...

If you look at the key statistics they've claimed they're using, Dunk tops most of them. :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here