Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOST improved player over the season?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Izquierdo? He looked lost at first, but was a key player later on.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Davy Propper. Looked like a startled rabbit at first but now shaping up to be one of the technically best players we've ever had

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Ryan

Looked shit house early doors but now best keeper we've had I think.

Swap him for stockdale and reckon would be heading down now.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
dunk , ryan , izzy, propper , gross .in the first group , would like to see more of suttner and stephens is a bit of a silent achiever .....muzz has done better than expected and bruno is class ......as is knocky when his heads right .......the rest are lacking in my opinion

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Has to be Bong. Jose, Maty and Davy already had the pedigree, internationally and in the level of football they had played in. Bong was assumed to be our back up left back without discussion when we signed Suttner (me included) and not only did he break into the first team but he provided an excellent shield behind Jose, kept some key players out of games they played in. In fact he kept most players who played down his side out of the game almost every game.

The cons are still there, he still makes bizarre mistakes, he still can't make an offensive pass to save his life and he is so left footed it is almost scary. But his progress and his contribution is nothing short of astounding. If you could put Suttners technical ability into Bongs brain he'd be one of the best left backs outside of the top 6.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Izquierdo? He looked lost at first, but was a key player later on.

This was my first thought. At the start of the season he was in and out of games. Now he gets a lot more respect from opposition defenses who have started giving themselves a couple of metres to keep up with him. Not a coincidence that the rest of the midfield got more time on the ball when this started happening.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another vote for Bong.

When we signed Suttner I thought he'd win the starting jersey but the issue's hardly been up for debate as Bong has been so reliable.

Indeed, the time that Bong saw off the Suttner challenge and established himself as No.1 left-back is around the same time as Izquierdo began to settle and start delivering performances.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here