Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hilarious own goal.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Asian betting markets make a killing?

I very much doubt that is true but its so bad you either have to laugh or cash your winnings in

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you have to wonder why on earth the keeper was where is. defender should of course of seen he wasnt where he expected, but odd positioning.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As by way of explanation, I think he has seen that black bollard thing with DHL on it, and in the split second thought that was the keeper. Pretty accurate pass all things considered.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
but the keeper's in white ??

Keeper's disappeared into the background of white hoardings and white seats. Player is under pressure, passed it to what the corner of his eye has seen. I don't actually know of course, perhaps it was just a blind pass, funny how it was straight at that thing though. I'm by no means a professional footballer, but I have passed the ball to a bin, a dog walker, and an opposition sub warming up in my time. :dunce:

I love these too, you can see why it happened...:lolol:

Jul 7, 2003
you have to wonder why on earth the keeper was where is. defender should of course of seen he wasnt where he expected, but odd positioning.

Not really. With the modern sweeper keeper they tend to move over to the side of the pitch the goal is on to make it an easier pass for the defender.

Back in my day the instruction to defenders for backpasses was to make sure that they were firmly hit and wide of the goal. That way, the striker shouldn't be able to intercept and if the keeper missed it or was not there, the worst would be a corner.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not really. With the modern sweeper keeper they tend to move over to the side of the pitch the goal is on to make it an easier pass for the defender.

the way i saw it, the keeper's position doesnt offer any sensible outlet, has to pass back or to his left, both covered by opposition. if he'd been where the defender expected, he could push the ball out right.

as for the passing wide of the goal, we were told in primary school to do that if we had to pass back, in the era hoof was still mandatory part of English defending. :lolol:

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway

Back in my day the instruction to defenders for backpasses was to make sure that they were firmly hit and wide of the goal. That way, the striker shouldn't be able to intercept and if the keeper missed it or was not there, the worst would be a corner.

This. Golden rule. Worst case scenario is a corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here