Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Adam Chicksen

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Been called up for Zimbabwe for their forthcoming years internationals, well done Adam!

Disappointing he never made it her, cam with so much potential and at times showed the undoubted class he has but good to see his career is now blossoming with international football and a big fans favourite at Bradford.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sent off for Bradford yesterday in a 3-0 drubbing at Barnsley FC. Where did it all go wrong for him? A player who showed such immense potential prior and immediately after signing for us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sent off for Bradford yesterday in a 3-0 drubbing at Barnsley FC. Where did it all go wrong for him? A player who showed such immense potential prior and immediately after signing for us.

Has he really fallen so very far from grace though? Remember we were only in the Championship when he was with us, was till comparitively young, and was never a regular starter. seemingly now a regular starter for Bradford City in League One and making a decent living from the game. A full Zimbabwean international too. I wouldn't say he is doing that badly.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013

immense potential?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Been called up for Zimbabwe for their forthcoming years internationals, well done Adam!

Disappointing he never made it her, cam with so much potential and at times showed the undoubted class he has but good to see his career is now blossoming with international football and a big fans favourite at Bradford.

Must do one of those DNA tests to see if I have any Zimbabwian relatives and if so, I can dust off my boots for a game (And I'm in my 50s)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Has he really fallen so very far from grace though? Remember we were only in the Championship when he was with us, was till comparitively young, and was never a regular starter. seemingly now a regular starter for Bradford City in League One and making a decent living from the game. A full Zimbabwean international too. I wouldn't say he is doing that badly.

Quite. League 1 is his level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
On trial at League 2 Walsall after being released from Bolton, despite manager Keith Hill decribing him as 'different class'. Bit of a strange one, though he'd get somewhere much higher up the leagues, remember seeing bit of him in our first team and development fixtures and you could tell there was a real player in there and now a fully fledged international too.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It does make you feel a bit sorry for Sami Hyypia when you consider the absolute rubbish his team was filled with. Rubbish like Chicksen, Forster-Caskey, Agustien, Fenelon, Ince and O'Grady. All now long forgotten in football.

He was great for Lewis Dunk though.

With regards to Adam Chicksen, good luck to him in convincing another football club to sign him.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
It does make you feel a bit sorry for Sami Hyypia when you consider the absolute rubbish his team was filled with. Rubbish like Chicksen, Forster-Caskey, Agustien, Fenelon, Ince and O'Grady. All now long forgotten in football.

With regards to Adam Chicksen, good luck to him in convincing another football club to sign him.

Ince was a great player. I always thought Forster-Caskey was a good player, but he became the fans' player to hate.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ince was a great player. I always thought Forster-Caskey was a good player, but he became the fans' player to hate.

I was thinking about JFC the other day in regard to Ben White. For me, JFC was over-hyped, which led to some fans having too high expectations of him and when he fell short they laid into him. His supporters, who didn't want to be wrong about his greatness would overstate his qualities, often refusing to acknowledge his faults, and would claim an ok, or average performance was better than it actually was, leading to more criticism from his detractors, and the two sides just had this feedback effect on each other, resulting in harsher than deserved criticisms, and more enthusiastic than deserved praise.

The relation of this to Ben White, was concern that there has been a massive amount of hype about him. 30, 40, 50m valuations for a young player without prem experience. All the big six are circling, Chelsea are considering a bid for him because the defence in their champions league squad can only be saved by him. It's only a matter of time before he becomes the first name on the England team sheet. Captain material, running the game. There is a lot for him to live up to, and if he struggles to do so after people's expectations, if he is a good lower prem defender instead of the future of the English game after a couple of premier league games, will there be the same reaction as with JFC?

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

Sami Hyypia would get the current Bayern Munich team relegated from the Championship.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I was thinking about JFC the other day in regard to Ben White. For me, JFC was over-hyped, which led to some fans having too high expectations of him and when he fell short they laid into him. His supporters, who didn't want to be wrong about his greatness would overstate his qualities, often refusing to acknowledge his faults, and would claim an ok, or average performance was better than it actually was, leading to more criticism from his detractors, and the two sides just had this feedback effect on each other, resulting in harsher than deserved criticisms, and more enthusiastic than deserved praise.

The relation of this to Ben White, was concern that there has been a massive amount of hype about him. 30, 40, 50m valuations for a young player without prem experience. All the big six are circling, Chelsea are considering a bid for him because the defence in their champions league squad can only be saved by him. It's only a matter of time before he becomes the first name on the England team sheet. Captain material, running the game. There is a lot for him to live up to, and if he struggles to do so after people's expectations, if he is a good lower prem defender instead of the future of the English game after a couple of premier league games, will there be the same reaction as with JFC?

Completely agree re White. He's got a tough challenge ahead. Expectations are bizarrely high for a young lad with one season in the second division under his belt. We do love to build people up only to knock them down. Look at the hype around John Stones. He was an outstanding young centre back, got big transfers and now is almost written off as being rubbish. He's clearly not rubbish and is still only 26 but football is absolutely brutal. White will need a lot of character and self belief to succeed when things don't go so well for him, be it here or elsewhere.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Completely agree re White. He's got a tough challenge ahead. Expectations are bizarrely high for a young lad with one season in the second division under his belt. We do love to build people up only to knock them down. Look at the hype around John Stones. He was an outstanding young centre back, got big transfers and now is almost written off as being rubbish. He's clearly not rubbish and is still only 26 but football is absolutely brutal. White will need a lot of character and self belief to succeed when things don't go so well for him, be it here or elsewhere.

Stones can't defend and likes to do Cruyff turns in his own area. Fairly fundamental flaws.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Good post. I would have thought though that expectations of White would be far higher at Dirty were they to actually sign the guy (which they won't). Imagine them paying enormous amounts for him, only for him to make a mistake costing them the game against Man United or Sheff United etc. The backlash could be horrendous.for the lad.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Good points.

I remember posting once that I thought we’d get 500k for JFC. Boy oh boy was I shouted down. I think we got 250 in the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here