Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Very Restricted View..."

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Well that was certainly an accurate description of my seat yesterday. I spent the entire game bobbing and weaving, half-crouched, to get a glimpse of some corner of the pitch or other.

I know I was forewarned... but should a football club really be selling a view like this? A good day out regardless at one of the great iconic stadiums, but I'd've enjoyed it more if I hadn't had to dislocate my spine to see any of the football.

Anfield.jpg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Disgraceful. No, there should be a minimum view acceptable. Just sticking "restricted view" on teh ticket should no allow them to dish out just any old seat.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Well that was certainly an accurate description of my seat yesterday. I spent the entire game bobbing and weaving, half-crouched, to get a glimpse of some corner of the pitch or other.

I know I was forewarned... but should a football club really be selling a view like this? A good day out regardless at one of the great iconic stadiums, but I'd've enjoyed it more if I hadn't had to dislocate my spine to see any of the football.

View attachment 96893

Looks like my full price ticket at Everton. Personally I would have moved.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Think you can just about get away with restricted views at concerts, but at a football match that is just greed and quite frankly robbery - yes I know you knew in advance, but it still doesn't make it morally right...

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
I assumed I might have one corner of the pitch blocked, or be right behind a pillar... it was just quite a lot more 'restricted' than I thought.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Is that a half and half scarf infront of you? I’d have gone and given the person holding it a slap and nicked their seat.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Big Unit indeed, would have restricted a lot of views if you'd been nearer the front. Best place for you up in the corner. :lol::lol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think you can see all of the pitch from the back rows of that stand, if you are SAT DOWN. They probably justify selling them on that (nonsense) basis, as technically you should all be seated (even though they know full well, that won't be possible).

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Severely restricted view on my ticket and it didn’t disappoint. Lots of bobbing and weaving back at row 35.

Would make the point though that at half time when people sat down, the view did improve some what.

I know as away fans sitting down during the game isn’t going to happen and I stand as well.

Just wanted to make it the point that the view improved with fans sat down.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I hadn't realised they were selling restricted view tickets, let alone as bad as that. I notice no one tried to nick your spot!

This is why the "it's away, I'll go where I want" brigade do my head in a bit. If you hadn't been honest and gone in your seat then someone else would have been saddled with that, or in the aisle, or not let in at all. Up until this season I've always gone along with 'go where you like away' but I'd greatly prefer it now if stewards enforced people being in the correct seats, even it they're standing in front of them.

The two Liverpool based clubs seem to be terrible for a crap view. History, yes, tradition, yes, Archibald Leitch, fantastic. Can't see a thing though.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Mine was just slightly better
f1079276bec1fd7935ac7f1ad09e2520.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here