Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Picking over the bones ...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It is at this time of year that clubs in the mid to lower end of the Premier league pick over the bones of the relegated sides for anyone that they want to sign.

Who do we want us going after from West Brom, Stoke and Swansea? There are some experienced Premier League campaigners on their way down, you'd think there are one or two that "could do a job".

Ah, we are back to the time of the year where "could do a job" becomes one of the most used phrases around here.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It is at this time of year that clubs in the mid to lower end of the Premier league pick over the bones of the relegated sides for anyone that they want to sign.

Who do we want us going after from West Brom, Stoke and Swansea? There are some experienced Premier League campaigners on their way down, you'd think there are one or two that "could do a job".

Ah, we are back to the time of the year where "could do a job" becomes one of the most used phrases around here.

Can't say I'm a great judge of opposition players, but I have a lot of time for Joe Allen, who always seems to work his socks off, always honest, and would fit in with us I would think in terms of hardworking attitude.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Haven't we done this thread several times in the last few weeks?

Anyway, Shakiri for me. Although I expect he'll be off to Everton or West Ham or Wolves as they'll pay higher wages than us. I'd also have a look at llorente from Swansea if we aren't going to give Ulloa a year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Anyway, Shakiri for me. Although I expect he'll be off to Everton or West Ham or Wolves as they'll pay higher wages than us. I'd also have a look at llorente from Swansea if we aren't going to give Ulloa a year.

This.....why so many threads on the same subject FFS ?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Spurs might have something to say about that.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This.....why so many threads on the same subject FFS ?

Because we don't all live on this board and sometimes throw a question out that has already been asked. Deal with it.

I think of this place as like a pub, with many of us popping in for an odd pint here and there, and striking up conversations as we pass through. Yes, there are some hardened barflies who have heard it all umpteen times before, but so be it, that's life.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Id like to see Naughton from Swansea and Gibbs from West Brom to provide more competition at full back. Both also home grown players so would help to fill our quota.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford

Llorente who signed for Spurs last year?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can't say I'm a great judge of opposition players, but I have a lot of time for Joe Allen, who always seems to work his socks off, always honest, and would fit in with us I would think in terms of hardworking attitude.

I agree, I've been thinking for a while that he would be a very good fit for us. We need more depth in central midfield, and I think he would give us exactly what we look for in midfield.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Livermore would be an ideal replacement for Sidwell.
Burke offers something different to our current wingers and has undoubted potential (though he appears to be shot of confidence).
I really like Ki at Swansea but he is perhaps to similar to what we already have.
Shawcross could do a job.
There's very little quality across those three squads though.

Because we don't all live on this board and sometimes throw a question out that has already been asked. Deal with it.

I think of this place as like a pub, with many of us popping in for an odd pint here and there, and striking up conversations as we pass through. Yes, there are some hardened barflies who have heard it all umpteen times before, but so be it, that's life.

This.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Once Moore was in charge at West Brom I feel the majority of their players proved that they’re more than adequate for this division. Rondon would be a triffic signing. I’d also be keen on Gibbs, Livermore, Morrison and Hegazy.

From Stoke, Allen would be a fantastic signing, I’d also be interested in Maritza Bauer.

From Swansea, either of the Ayews, though their fees would be ridiculous. Alfie Mawson would be a good signing too.

Last edited:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I just don't see us picking up many players with previous Premier League experience, as that almost certainly involves paying over the odds. I expect we will continue to pick up players from the European leagues that only hardened footballists had previously heard of; Groß style.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There's very little quality across those three squads though.

Not suggesting we would want any of these players, for various reasons, but you can make a perfectly decent Premier League side from those squads. Striker is the hardest area to find any quality, which ultimately is why all three sides went down.

........................Butland.......................
Naughton...Evans...Mawson....Gibbs
Shaqiri.........Fer.....Ki..........Rodriguez
...............Allen......................................
.........................Rondon..

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Does he track back? Whoever we bring on will have to have the right attitude or I think they'll get kicked around in training!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here