Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - from the telly

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Can't be bothered to give scores, but here are some comments:
Ryan. Another good performance. made some good saves and couldn't do anything about the goals.
Schelotto. Awful. Started badly and didn't get much better. Unless it's a one-off bad performance we need another RB.
Duffy. Good.
Dunk. Good
Bong. Poor I thought.
Stephens. Probably MOM.
Propper. Did OK.
Kayal. Poor. Is he really up to this standard?
Knockaert. Not a bad game.
March. Very poor. Same question as for Kayal.
Locadia. Awful. What's the point of long balls upfield to a striker who seems to be no good in the air? One opportunity to run on to a through ball and he was out-run by Van Dyke.

We did look better when Murray and Gross came on, but Murray made some poor passes.

Overall and embarrassing performance. Can we please not have to play them next season?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
We were totally outclassed and their tactic of running in the space between the centre back and full back caused all sorts of problems. Ryan was good. Best not to say too much about the others

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
-10 all round.

Get rid of all of them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Duffy was as equally bad as Schelotto was. Should have conceded two penalties

But he didn't.
Instead he actually blocked at least 3 goal bound shots.

But hey best not let what actually happened get in the way of what didn't.

FFS

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
But he didn't.
Instead he actually blocked at least 3 goal bound shots.

But hey best not let what actually happened get in the way of what didn't.

FFS

Yes he didn’t concede the two penalties but it’s all about opinions and mine is that the two penalty decisions against him should have actually been given as penalties. If either of those shouts were against us then we would all be claiming penalties.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes he didn’t concede the two penalties but it’s all about opinions and mine is that the two penalty decisions against him should have actually been given as penalties. If either of those shouts were against us then we would all be claiming penalties.
But they weren't.

Instead Duffy made plenty of excellent challenges blocking at least 3 shots.

In my opinion I should should have doinked Kirsty Gallagher, does that mean I have?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Ryan 7 - Rating him highly because he made a couple of decent stops but mainly because he looked like he gave a shit.
Schellotto 4 - Too much to actually list was wrong with his performance.
Duffy 5 - Hungover, thought it was a good tackle on Salah mind despite everyone calling for a pen.
Dunk 6 - Decent
Bong 5 - Poor
Knockaert 6 - A customary lapse or two, otherwise worked hard.
Stephens 7 - Did well to retain possession only for one of his teamates to give it straight back to them.
Propper 6 - Decent
March 6 - Didn't think he did as badly as some suggest.
Kayal 5 - Repeatedly lost the ball when an easy pass was on.
Locadia 5 - Practically no involvement, didn't seem willing to chase back.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not many actual ratings so far......

Anyway, 6 - average

Ryan - 8
Schelotto - 4 - can't defend and we are a team that will need to defend for sustained periods at this level.
Bong - 5
Dunk - 7
Duffy - 6
Knockaert - 6
Stephens - 7
Propper - 5.5 - thought he was careless today
Kayal - 5 - think he should have swapped with Propper, as offered nothing offensively, but then that's not his strength.
March - 5.5 - lacking confidence
Locadia - 5 - no service, and clearly not someone who is going to hold the ball up, more of a channel runner for me. Needs a run of games.

Subs N/A

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

My opinion is that they weren't penalties. I only watched via the Nowtv app, but Gary Neville also said ball to upper arm wasn't a penalty, and the other one, Duffy had already diverted the ball's path before Salah fell over his outstretched leg.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I like scheletto but on a bad day he literally looks like he’s playing football for the first time

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Objectively our worst performance of the season - we were on the beach. Liverpool were class and we were gash today.

Ryan - 8. Kept the score down frankly, easily our best player, by miles.
Schelotto - 3. Did nothing right. Absolutely diabolical performance.
Dunk - 5. Some okay distribution but they were running rings around ol’ Dunky and Duffman.
Duffy - 5. Looked off the pace. He really, really struggles with nippy, slight forwards. Did last year too in the CH (thinking Brentford at the Amex). Hope his knock isn’t too serious.
Bong - 3.5. Marginally better than Schelotto in that he looked like he’d played in his own position before. Touch was awful, distribution awful. Another really poor game.
Pröpper - 5. Very quiet. Wasted the ball a lot. Mostly just clearances and busywork really.
Stephens - 6. Our best outfield player, but that’s not saying much. Chasing shadows at times.
Kayal - 5. Did very little of note. Not strong enough today. Again, what happened in a week?!
Knockers - 4. Didn’t track back enough. Coming off probably his best game in an Albion shirt against Man Utd, this was more like the player we’ve endured since Christmas. He and Schelotto were absolutely brutalised by Salah, et al.
March - 4.5. Poor. Doesn’t seem to ever smile? Frustrating player to watch in the final third. I never feel like he’s going to deliver “that” ball or hit a worldie. But he does track back consistently. Didn’t help today.
Locadia - 2. Had nothing to feed off all game while we were getting battered down the other end, but his attitude and body language today was dreadful. Didn’t chase anything, didn’t follow back when the ball inevitably bounced off him or he got dominated by Lovren in the air. Can’t play alone up front in the PL away against the top sides, that much was painfully clear.

Not doing subs. So there

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
Objectively our worst performance of the season - we were on the beach. Liverpool were class and we were gash today.

Ryan - 8. Kept the score down frankly, easily our best player, by miles.
Schelotto - 3. Did nothing right. Absolutely diabolical performance.
Dunk - 5. Some okay distribution but they were running rings around ol’ Dunky and Duffman.
Duffy - 5. Looked off the pace. He really, really struggles with nippy, slight forwards. Did last year too in the CH (thinking Brentford at the Amex). Hope his knock isn’t too serious.
Bong - 3.5. Marginally better than Schelotto in that he looked like he’d played in his own position before. Touch was awful, distribution awful. Another really poor game.
Pröpper - 5. Very quiet. Wasted the ball a lot. Mostly just clearances and busywork really.
Stephens - 6. Our best outfield player, but that’s not saying much. Chasing shadows at times.
Kayal - 5. Did very little of note. Not strong enough today. Again, what happened in a week?!
Knockers - 4. Didn’t track back enough. Coming off probably his best game in an Albion shirt against Man Utd, this was more like the player we’ve endured since Christmas. He and Schelotto were absolutely brutalised by Salah, et al.
March - 4.5. Poor. Doesn’t seem to ever smile? Frustrating player to watch in the final third. I never feel like he’s going to deliver “that” ball or hit a worldie. But he does track back consistently. Didn’t help today.
Locadia - 2. Had nothing to feed off all game while we were getting battered down the other end, but his attitude and body language today was dreadful. Didn’t chase anything, didn’t follow back when the ball inevitably bounced off him or he got dominated by Lovren in the air. Can’t play alone up front in the PL away against the top sides, that much was painfully clear.

Not doing subs. So there

****. So there

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Not many actual ratings so far......

Anyway, 6 - average

Ryan - 8
Schelotto - 4 - can't defend and we are a team that will need to defend for sustained periods at this level.
Bong - 5
Dunk - 7
Duffy - 6
Knockaert - 6
Stephens - 7
Propper - 5.5 - thought he was careless today
Kayal - 5 - think he should have swapped with Propper, as offered nothing offensively, but then that's not his strength.
March - 5.5 - lacking confidence
Locadia - 5 - no service, and clearly not someone who is going to hold the ball up, more of a channel runner for me. Needs a run of games.

Subs N/A

spot on...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here