Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Castleford v St Helens

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not an expert on rugby by any stretch if the imagination but having just turned on BBC 1 and seen the game on. My initial traction is that Rugby League is a lot more open and faster than Rugby Union.

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Omsung Phine, everybody knows one.
Omsung Phine, every garden grows one.
Funny thing, but you can spell it with a k in the word.
Then before you know it, start mistyping more.
You simply have no choice.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Funny how we get 'I'm not an expert on Rugby/F1/computers' and probably a few others.
But we never get 'I'm not an expert on football', despite all the evidence to the contrary.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But we never get 'I'm not an expert on football', despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Because the many many people who speak to me at The Amex, as oppose to the very few on here, dont agree with that statement and tell me so. Then again why am I lowering myself to answer and explain to you.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Because the many many people who speak to me at The Amex, as oppose to the very few on here, dont agree with that statement and tell me so. Then again why am I lowering myself to answer and explain to you.

That's because you've got most of us on ignore :moo:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I am not an expert on rugby by any stretch if the imagination but having just turned on BBC 1 and seen the game on. My initial traction is that Rugby League is a lot more open and faster than Rugby Union.

Union is a game for southern softies and the Welsh.

League is simply Hard.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Enjoy the speed of league, just not so keen on the flapping around on the floor like a dying fish part.

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
Cracking game today.

I like how League have decided not to contest scrums,which always results in clean possession and an immediate attack. Unions scrums are often farcical,with multiple re-sets and eventually penalties being awarded for mysterious reasons that nobody on the field or watching has a clue why. And the several minutes it often takes for a scrum to be completed,giving everyone an age to get their breath back and totally eradicate any momentum that had been building.

Union is now full of guys with unnatural body shapes and has become about physical domination,no doubt with the help of steroids and a wilful policy of minimal drug testing by the powers that be. League guys are leaner,because that game is now about speed and mobility.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I’ve played both Union and league at a pretty decent level and league is by far the quicker game and you need to be physically very fit, I still play union as an unfit fat 43 year old.......I wouldn’t last more than 10 minutes if I had to play a game of league now !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here