Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] They landed it on the ship this time

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Unbelievable Geoff!

Seriously impressive work from the Musk-o-teer. Private enterprise space exploration is probably the one boon from the tech-sploitation of the planet.

All the over stuff is just, er, well, stuff that we could probably do without - Alexa, self driving cars, hyperloops [seriously lets have one to get to the Amex though yeah?] but IF we’re hell bent on destroying this planet then the only way to survive is to leave and it sure as hell isn’t going to be via some government sponsored ship that gets us off this rock when the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Unbelievable Geoff!

Seriously impressive work from the Musk-o-teer. Private enterprise space exploration is probably the one boon from the tech-sploitation of the planet.

All the over stuff is just, er, well, stuff that we could probably do without - Alexa, self driving cars, hyperloops [seriously lets have one to get to the Amex though yeah?] but IF we’re hell bent on destroying this planet then the only way to survive is to leave and it sure as hell isn’t going to be via some government sponsored ship that gets us off this rock when the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expect Amazon to start investing in space tech real soon...... there's a whole universe of selling opportunities out there !

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I can't help thinking that Elon Musk is a Bond super villain who is, right now, building a base inside volcano prior to taking over the world.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They might have landed it on the ship but it wasn’t centred in the circle landing markings. Must try better SpaceX!

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
people who believe spacex are total fools....pure mind control cgi......watch the car he did for starters......so many CGI errors in all their trash.

In the vid posted - again the video footage cuts out at the time of landing....lol.

unreal.

It's all a fake lie people - que the insults.....i don't care.....Space....lol.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the vid posted - again the video footage cuts out at the time of landing....lol.

unreal.

It's all a fake lie people
Completely agree. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] says 'They landed it on the ship this time', but it's weird they don't have footage of that simple part. We're not talking a video signal from space, just footage from the boat that they claim in a couple of hundred miles away. Rocket due to land, footage cuts out, footage back with rocket sitting nicely on the deck. Yeah right.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
This is the Falcon 9, which they've successfully recovered many times before:

The Falcon design features reusable first-stage boosters, landing either on a ground pad near the launch site, or on a drone ship at sea.[2] In December 2015, Falcon 9 became the first rocket to land propulsively after delivering a payload to orbit.[3] This achievement is expected to significantly reduce launch costs.[4] Falcon 9 core boosters have successfully landed 25 times in 31 attempts, and 11 of them have flown a second mission, including two as Falcon Heavy side boosters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Falcon_9_and_Falcon_Heavy_launches

In fact, during the 'Roadster' launch, they successfully recovered two Falcon 9 side boosters (that amazing twin landing we saw). It was the Falcon Heavy (the central core, and its first launch) which did not successfully land on the ship. The next Falcon Heavy launch is in October.

Here's a brief history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvim4rsNHkQ

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It's just gobsmacking how damn clever the brains must be behind this, mindblowing stuff

This. I would still be sitting with a sheet of A4 with my name and date on it, and thats as far as it would get. What on earth would be the first sentence! How do you even start something like that.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
people who believe spacex are total fools....pure mind control cgi......watch the car he did for starters......so many CGI errors in all their trash.

unreal.

It's all a fake lie people - que the insults.....i don't care.....Space....lol.
If you're right, can you enlighten us as to how it is the the only people to have spotted this fakery and the 'CGI errors' you mention are the usual tinfoil hatters on the Internet.

Don't you think that such claims would have been circulated and discussed more widely and by people much more credible and intelligent than you or I, if there was any semblance of credence to them?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you're right, can you enlighten us as to how it is the the only people to have spotted this fakery and the 'CGI errors' you mention are the usual tinfoil hatters on the Internet.

Don't you think that such claims would have been circulated and discussed more widely and by people much more credible and intelligent than you or I, if there was any semblance of credence to them?
I just assumed he was joking. Best to ignore these muppets.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here