[Football] Terrible day

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMG_0214.JPG

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
still one of the most chilling pieces of film i've ever seen. The Gabby Logan documentary of a year or 2 ago was very good, if extremely harrowing.

theboybilly

The video was used for railway fire training purposes. The speed at which that little fire that you can just see took hold is astonishing. I never failed to get a little upset at that poor chap who had his clothes alight being helped by frantic fellow supporters and police.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Was it really that long ago. I remember as if it were yesterday watching it on TV with tears in my eyes.......

edit - just shared this on facebook. [MENTION=20]Publius Ovidius[/MENTION] Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The images are horrible, but its the list of names and their ages that always gets me. You can tell from some that its a dad taking his kids to the football and just never coming home...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I wasn't born for a couple of months after this, but i'm watching this now...harrowing stuff. Frightening to think how quickly it spread.

I was young at the time but I do remember the fire in 1985, though didn't have a full concept of the horrific enormity of it and how quickly the fire spread until watching that. Amazing documentary and as Gabby Loagn says at the start, everyone you see on camera was there that day including her.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
One of my first REAL memories. I would have been 6 years old and remember Grandstand's live reporting. Harrowing indeed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here