Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Matchday Experience - Man City away

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
On a Rating of 1 to 7 where seven is good

Beer - 2 - None available on the outside concourse for away fans (tho ok if you had a half&half scarf on) , no local pubs (might be wrong) and serving canned John Smiths at £4 a can. Yardstick I would mark the Harveys at the Amex a 5
Pie - 5 - peppered steak, tasted quite nice and actually had some meat in it (unlike the Burnley meat & potato). Yardstick I would mark Piglets Pie a 6
Service at bar - 5 , pretty quick really. Yardstick [/B i would mark the Amex a 2
View - 4 I was at the back of lower tier and view was ok . my view middle of WSU is a 7
Stewards - 4 - low key but not particularly welcoming
Our Fans - 4 - we were really quite quiet Yardstick Burnley away 6
Opposition Fans 5 pretty noisy Yardstick WBA 7 those I met were friendly and very noisy .
The game - 5 - the guys tried and scored. Whilst the goals came from mistakes it was not surprising as they probed and pushed so much they were always going to expose any weakness

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On a Rating of 1 to 7 where seven is good

Beer - 2 - None available on the outside concourse for away fans (tho ok if you had a half&half scarf on) , no local pubs (might be wrong) and serving canned John Smiths at £4 a can. Yardstick I would mark the Harveys at the Amex a 5
Pie - 5 - peppered steak, tasted quite nice and actually had some meat in it (unlike the Burnley meat & potato). Yardstick I would mark Piglets Pie a 6
Service at bar - 5 , pretty quick really. Yardstick [/B i would mark the Amex a 2
View - 4 I was at the back of lower tier and view was ok . my view middle of WSU is a 7
Stewards - 4 - low key but not particularly welcoming
Our Fans - 4 - we were really quite quiet Yardstick Burnley away 6
Opposition Fans 5 pretty noisy Yardstick WBA 7 those I met were friendly and very noisy .
The game - 5 - the guys tried and scored. Whilst the goals came from mistakes it was not surprising as they probed and pushed so much they were always going to expose any weakness

bit harsh. Deleteted. Apols.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Etihad is the best stadium in the league imho, may be eclipsed by the new Spurs ground next season of course.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Etihad is the best stadium in the league imho, may be eclipsed by the new Spurs ground next season of course.

Yes, wasn't it kind of the British taxpayer to build it for them.
Having said that we gave West Ham a shiny new one too but they've managed to utterly fook that up.
If we ask really nicely will UKinc build us a new North Stand?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Agreed. It was fantastic and clearly the best in the league.

Having been to them all now, I’d say the standard is very average, even at some of the big grounds. I haven’t really found it to be any different to a season of away travel in the Championship. But the Etihad is utterly class. I would also genuinely say The Amex has the silver medal.

Agree with that.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent

I was there for the Commonwealth games and thought it was impressive how it has been converted into a proper football stadium unlike the West Ham effort. Having to allow the ground to be used for athletics has really messed up it for them.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I was seated pretty close to the citeh fans and I thought they were a good laugh. Responded to a few of our songs and although fairly quiet in the first half, got louder and louder throughout the second as we lost our will to sing.

However, the bloke who left his teeth at home was a bit of a knob but I couldn’t make out much of what he was saying.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I agree. I enjoyed my visit.
I thought the stewards were friendly with a good sense of humour.

They were. Was funny that a line of police and stewards ran down the divide once city have scored. They looked a bit bemused to see us Brighton fans happily standing there smiling with no grief at all.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Seriously? I bloody hated it. It was like wandering around a multi-storey car park. No drinks allowed
to away supporters outside the ground; some pathetic choir thing booming out, very little
in the way of catering outside; poor in the extreme service inside - so slow they were going
backwards. 4 quid to get to the stadium. Walked round the houses to get to the away end.
Criminal like checks on tickets.

Other than that it was great.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Few thoughts: we were very quiet considering the amount of us who travelled. Funniest chant of the night was "Champions of Sussex, you'll never sing that".

Had to cringe at the guy behind me who tried to take the piss out of the City fans to the left. He sang a solo "You're going to work at a factory in the morning". Didn't fit and made a complete see you next Tuesday of himself.

I thought the stewards were excellent, very friendly. Suppose it's who you bump in to. Superb stadium, excellent view.

Oh Knocky, if only you had scored that sitter. Keep playing the way you have against both the Mancs.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Seriously? I bloody hated it. It was like wandering around a multi-storey car park. No drinks allowed
to away supporters outside the ground; some pathetic choir thing booming out, very little
in the way of catering outside; poor in the extreme service inside - so slow they were going
backwards. 4 quid to get to the stadium. Walked round the houses to get to the away end.
Criminal like checks on tickets.

Other than that it was great.

Blimey, I disagree with ALL of that. I loved the stadium. Never understand the need to stuff one's face at a footie match. I go to watch the footie. No drinks outside? And?? Poor service inside? No complaints here.

Walked round the houses to get to the away end? What, you had to walk. They didn't provide you with those transporters you see at airports: do you get dropped off at your entrance at the Amex?

As for the criminal like checks on tickets. What they done with mine is look at it and say "in you go".

Don't worry, be happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here