Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Holloway sacked.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The merry-go-round has kicked off already, Carvalhal at Swansea is off too.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In QPR's case, its bloody madness, seems strange though, under circumstances, thought he was doing reasonably well this season.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
same old journeymen all in the frame, they take the job, last 6 months, or less, achieve b all and then get a wedge of compensation that most hard working people wouldn't see in a lifetime.....

madness. Now where can i apply?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Poor old Ian, a really decent and honest very hard working bloke.
He did a good job, QPR did not have a pot to piss in this season, they could have gone down.
I sometimes think that it's his post match comments that the top brass don't like although I love them, they can make him and the club look stupid.
But Steve McClaren, surely not, I thought Les Ferdinand has a say these days, I would have expected a bit more sense from Les.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The players all love Steve...never got it myself but you never hear a pro speak ill of him...or Holloway.

What Holloway got done with Blackpool and Palace puts him head and shoulders over the rest of the journeymen that haunt the lower leagues.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
What Holloway got done with Blackpool and Palace puts him head and shoulders over the rest of the journeymen that haunt the lower leagues.

too true, seems harsh on him, QPR may well live to regret giving him the elbow.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Amazing merry go round. Owners throwing cash at same old names and then paying them off. !

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Thought they were looking at Coleman. Or maybe Swansea will fancy him. Can't help feeling Coleman is overrated. Did OK (no more) at Fulham, got a bit lucky in that he inherited the best few Welsh players in generations just as they changed the qualification rules for the Euros to make it easier for small nations (ones without the word Scotland in their names at least) to get through, and hasn't done a lot anywhere else.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
QPR, another basket case of a club. Quite a few of them in similar league positioning.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
same old journeymen all in the frame, they take the job, last 6 months, or less, achieve b all and then get a wedge of compensation that most hard working people wouldn't see in a lifetime.....

Indeed complete madness, its an increasingly failed model

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Applications to 'The English Serial Loser Managers Club' are now open

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here