Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Segregation Last Night

el punal

Did anyone else find it strange how close we were to the City fans with only a gangway and three foot high barrier separating both sets of fans. Now on the whole we’re a pretty amicable lot and apart from a few verbals exchanged there was no real animosity. Also, there was a distinct lack of stewards present in the ‘no-go’ area.

This begs the question, what happens when the naughty boys turn up at the Etihad? Is there a much stricter security operation in place, or was the lack of it last night a compliment to us Albion fans as jolly good eggs?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did anyone else find it strange how close we were to the City fans with only a gangway and three foot high barrier separating both sets of fans. Now on the whole we’re a pretty amicable lot and apart from a few verbals exchanged there was no real animosity. Also, there was a distinct lack of stewards present in the ‘no-go’ area.

This begs the question, what happens when the naughty boys turn up at the Etihad? Is there a much stricter security operation in place, or was the lack of it last night a compliment to us Albion fans as jolly good eggs?

All subject to Risk Assessment on a game by game isn’t it ? Almost-dead rubber, no real prior animosity/history etc etc.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
What I found funny was every time a goal was scored a line of police walked down the segregated area, stood there for a minute then walked back out of sight.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Half the stewards in the lower segregation seemed to be teenage girls so not sure what good they would be if it turned nasty.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What I found funny was every time a goal was scored a line of police walked down the segregated area, stood there for a minute then walked back out of sight.

Every time there was a corner the stewards right at the front stood up.
If we had scored from a corner, I wouldn't see it. I said to the one in front of me, there's no way I could jump over that barrier, without you helping me!
It was annoying.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Similar to a few away games I went to this season, unless there is a history of trouble close proximity to oppo fans is standard? :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Half the stewards in the lower segregation seemed to be teenage girls so not sure what good they would be if it turned nasty.

There speaks someone who doesn't spend any time in the company of teenage girls, northern ones at that.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I was on the very edge of the right side next to their fans. One of the stewards must have been 10 years older than me and I am 61. He just managed to walk up the stairs and then had to hold on to the railing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Reichy was at home wasn't he? So no naughty boy presence

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Right on that barrier, charming little manc kid "Coz you're ####ing shit". Parent must be so proud.

It's always nice to meet new people and make friends with the locals when abroad.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Think it disgusting that the stewards stood up for corners as disabled people in the front rows.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The thought I want to have of Manchester City is their attitude to us beating them on penalties in the League Cup 11 years ago.

It's not that we beat them, nor that they lost - it was their delight (and gracious acceptance of our win) at a huge pitch invasion afterwards (motorised wheelchair hurtling across the Withdean swamp, anyone...?) as being in the Premier League, they feared they'd left all that behind. They were over the (blue) moon about it.

Some of them anyway.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I found it very amusing last Friday when a long line of stewards stood facing a completely empty away end after the final whistle.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here