Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea charged by FA

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Chelsea have been charged by the Football Association after players surrounded referee Lee Mason at half-time during their 1-1 draw with Huddersfield on Wednesday.

The club are charged with failing to ensure their players "conducted themselves in an orderly fashion".

Players were unhappy when Mason blew the whistle for half-time before they could take a corner.

Chelsea have until 18:00 BST on 15 May to respond to the charge."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You have to understand how provocative it is to have your entitlement undermined

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good to see a ref call time when it is due rather than the normal wait until an attack has finished. Perhaps we should adopt the rugby idea that once the time is up the game is finished when the ball next goes out of play.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Good to see a ref call time when it is due rather than the normal wait until an attack has finished. Perhaps we should adopt the rugby idea that once the time is up the game is finished when the ball next goes out of play.

I've thought about that. Would be quite a nail biter sometimes, think it could work

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Charged? They should be congratulated. After all, it takes a minimum of 11 people to surround Lee Mason these days...

Attachments

• Cardiff+City+v+Arsenal+Premier+League+AS_q2rl4F1Kl.jpg
    Cardiff+City+v+Arsenal+Premier+League+AS_q2rl4F1Kl.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 588

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Imagine your team not qualifying to play in the Champions League. I can’t imagine anything worse for a football club to go through. I can empathise with the players, I’d be in bits if we finished 5th.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Losing side try to keep the ball in play but the winning side look to kick it out as soon as they get the chance ie a shot that the keeper saves so a big boot to row z.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agree with you......would love to see the team winning immediately hoof it into row Z when the clock went red [emoji23][emoji23]

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I think we should also have a basketball clock, if they dont shoot after 30 seconds the other team gets the ball, make it 3 minutes for football.
It will also stop when the ball goes out of play, injuries and could also be stopped for blatent timewasting (player strolling off the pitch.
When the clock shows 45 and 90 thats yer lot.
(joking about the shot clock but the rest could work and save a lot of hassle)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think we should also have a basketball clock, if they dont shoot after 30 seconds the other team gets the ball, make it 3 minutes for football.
It will also stop when the balletween the ref and the big clock at grounds that at 90 mins he sets the ex goes out of play, injuries and could also be stopped for blatent timewasting (player strolling off the pitch.
When the clock shows 45 and 90 thats yer lot.
(joking about the shot clock but the rest could work and save a lot of hassle)

The drawback with your idea, as has been said many times, if we stopped the clock for everything so you had 90 mins of Football the game would last about 2 -2.5 hours thus increasing the journey home time etc. I think a better idea is a link between the ref and the big clock in the ground where on 90 mins he sets the added time and a buzzer goes off at the end of that designated time and he blows time when the ball goes out of play.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The drawback with your idea, as has been said many times, if we stopped the clock for everything so you had 90 mins of Football the game would last about 2 -2.5 hours thus increasing the journey home time etc. I think a better idea is a link between the ref and the big clock in the ground where on 90 mins he sets the added time and a buzzer goes off at the end of that designated time and he blows time when the ball goes out of play.

I dont think it would last that long would it?
The ref and 4th official adds on time for injuries and time wasting anyway, its just that they dont always seem to get it right and strolling off the pitch from as far away from the dug out as possible is almost cheating as is subbing in the last minute someone stopping the clock would get rid of any arguements, the ball does not spend much time out of play either.
Blowing the whistle when the ball goes out of play could lead to a very important winning goal, that could relegate a team when in fact time was up.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
"Chelsea have been charged by the Football Association after players surrounded referee Lee Mason at half-time during their 1-1 draw with Huddersfield on Wednesday.

The club are charged with failing to ensure their players "conducted themselves in an orderly fashion".

Players were unhappy when Mason blew the whistle for half-time before they could take a corner.

Chelsea have until 18:00 BST on 15 May to respond to the charge."

Whilst having absolutely no time ever for Chelski, I can see their point given the amount of time wasted by Hudds !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Spot on. The ref had the balls to blow on time up, not waiting for pedestrian Chelsea to get their preplanned corner routine set up. Arrogant players.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Imagine the time wasting that would go on. Just wait until the ref books you before taking a throw-in, and when he's decided to book you just walk off and let someone else take it, and they can do the same thing. You could waste the last 5 minutes of a match doing that.

Just because it works in rugby, doesn't mean it would work for football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here