Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knocky

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought he was excellent tonight. As was Duffy.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Guardiola describes him as an exceptional winger, one of the best in the league.

God it must be good to play for him. He’d make Dave Cameron believe he was better than Alan Shearer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Was great in an attacking sense last night, however still probably should have buried the chance gifted to him by Bravo to make it 2-2 and switched off for the City corner defensively, which was an inexcusably poor goal to concede at this level. Definitely in far better form than he was at the start of the season, but still room for improvement.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Was great in an attacking sense last night, however still probably should have buried the chance gifted to him by Bravo to make it 2-2 and switched off for the City corner defensively, which was an inexcusably poor goal to concede at this level. Definitely in far better form than he was at the start of the season, but still room for improvement.

Agree, with the ball at his feet he is in sparkling form, unfortunately his head isn’t always there when it needs to be, Maty Ryan told him such in no uncertain terms last night...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Only two critical mistakes then, which could have been the difference between not getting something out of the game and actually getting a result. It is these type of errors that take the gloss off all his attacking panache. Ryan clearly ripped into him about switching off for the third goal and the blazing row that followed was not a pretty sight.
One stellar game against United does not hide a season where he has not convinced that he can maintain consistency at this level. That was a one-off last Friday and he has to show that he can play a more solid, a more tighter game, on a more regular basis.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Only two critical mistakes then, which could have been the difference between not getting something out of the game and actually getting a result. It is these type of errors that take the gloss off all his attacking panache. Ryan clearly ripped into him about switching off for the third goal and the blazing row that followed was not a pretty sight.
One stellar game against United does not hide a season where he has not convinced that he can maintain consistency at this level. That was a one-off last Friday and he has to show that he can play a more solid, a more tighter game, on a more regular basis.

To be fair, since his red card vs Everton I do feel his performance levels have picked up noticeably, so perhaps a tad harsh to call his performance vs United a one off, but yes if he wants to become a top winger in this league he needs to deliver consistently. Have to say even though he scuffed the chance and switched off completely from City's corner he still ranked above Izquierdo for me who was completely anonymous.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
To be fair, since his red card vs Everton I do feel his performance levels have picked up noticeably, so perhaps a tad harsh to call his performance vs United a one off, but yes if he wants to become a top winger in this league he needs to deliver consistently. Have to say even though he scuffed the chance and switched off completely from City's corner he still ranked above Izquierdo for me who was completely anonymous.

I agree his level has picked up in recent weeks and I take your point about Izquierdo. All three wide men have to be more consistent next season. Brief cameo moments are not enough at this level. They are all guilty of regularly switching off, losing the ball too easily and wasting numerous crossing chances. So said, they all have the ability to get us off our seats and create match winning moments. We just want to see a bit more solidity and less flakiness.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I agree his level has picked up in recent weeks and I take your point about Izquierdo. All three wide men have to be more consistent next season. Brief cameo moments are not enough at this level. They are all guilty of regularly switching off, losing the ball too easily and wasting numerous crossing chances. So said, they all have the ability to get us off our seats and create match winning moments. We just want to see a bit more solidity and less flakiness.

Personally, and I know this may not be popular, but it's only really two wingers: Izquierdo and Knockaert. March is nowhere near their standard and I think the genuine lack of any competition for their place is why perhaps those two have perhaps not been 100% consistent over the season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good thread.

Really exciting for next season.

Hopefully he won’t get injured in pre-season, as that hindered him terribly IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Completely agree, all 3 wingers have had their moments but have also been frustrating, consistency is the key next season.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I watched on Hesgoal last night and one of the co-commentators, an Irish man ( I never actually worked out who it was) was singing Knocky's praises.

He rightly said that Knocky had struggled to adjust to the PL up until Christmas (OK he forgot about Everton) but was doing fine now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here