Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Skysports, The Debate.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Host guy puts the question to Ian Wright and Gordon Strachan. What do you make of Brighton's and Huddersfield's Premiership season?

Ian Wright.. I think Brighton... Then proceeds to talk about Newcastle. Until host says, right sorry that's us out of time. :annoyed:

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Host guy puts the question to Ian Wright and Gordon Strachan. What do you make of Brighton's and Huddersfield's Premiership season?

Ian Wright.. I think Brighton... Then proceeds to talk about Newcastle. Until host says, right sorry that's us out of time. :annoyed:

I dont think its any loss as to what Ian Wrong thinks about us. Not sure I even care from Strachan either.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
We weren't very nice to Wrighty back in the 80s, so I'm not surprised that he doesn't want to talk about us.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I dont think its any loss as to what Ian Wrong thinks about us. Not sure I even care from Strachan either.

Gordon Stracan stood up for us at the Millenium in 2004, & fighting for our stadium. It helped his best mate McGhee was our manager at the time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gordon Stracan stood up for us at the Millenium in 2004, & fighting for our stadium. It helped his best mate McGhee was our manager at the time.

Not forgetting Strachan’s part in the frankly stunning transfer figure of Virgo to Celtic. Up there with the Beeney transfer to ex Albion player Howard Wilkinson’s Leeds. Both threw the club a much needed windfall at the right time.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Strachan did say that we are a well structured club, players come in a play our way, even the foreign players, he was saying thats how it should be, unlike Stoke

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Strachan did say that we are a well structured club, players come in a play our way, even the foreign players, he was saying thats how it should be, unlike Stoke
Fair enough. I missed that. Was that a bit earlier in the program?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
On those occasions when I can hear what he has to say through his heavy accent, I find Gordon Strachen interesting and knowledgeable. I also love his sense of humour.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Strachen was annoying on this, kept talking over Ian Wright and Shreeves (understandable) and repeating the same thing over and over.

But yes he was nice about us and talked about how we have created a team spirit, have our own 'style' and that is what seemingly got lost at Stoke

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

I think you are being a tad unfair here.

Overlooking that Shreeves said top flight rather than Permiership, Ian Wright started responding with Brighton, but a few words in Shreeves jumped in and mentioned Newcastle, and Wright immediately changed track to talk about Newcastle.

If Shreeves had kept quiet I'm sure that Wright would have continued with his views on Brighton's season.

Also don't forget that earlier in the programme in the Stoke segment that Strachan did mention Brighton and how well the players that had arrived had brought into the hard work and discipline that was the clubs identity

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Aren't we beyond caring about little mentions in MSM?

We're Premier League now - and have been getting plaudits all season.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I think you are being a tad unfair here.

Overlooking that Shreeves said top flight rather than Permiership, Ian Wright started responding with Brighton, but a few words in Shreeves jumped in and mentioned Newcastle, and Wright immediately changed track to talk about Newcastle.

If Shreeves had kept quiet I'm sure that Wright would have continued with his views on Brighton's season.

Also don't forget that earlier in the programme in the Stoke segment that Strachan did mention Brighton and how well the players that had arrived had brought into the hard work and discipline that was the clubs identity
I wasn't dissing Wright. He actually seemed to want to talk about us. Yes it was Shreeves who asked the question then never let him answer. Then ran out of time. I just found it annoying.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
We weren't very nice to Wrighty back in the 80s, so I'm not surprised that he doesn't want to talk about us.

Good point and nonethelesss he’s usually fairly balanced and very complimenting about Lewis Dunk. But I can’t blame him for having a negative perspective towards us.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Remember that 20 minute continuous rendition of "Ian Wright is full of s**t" from the North Stand very well in that tin pot cup match at the Goldstone well.

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
Not forgetting Strachan’s part in the frankly stunning transfer figure of Virgo to Celtic. Up there with the Beeney transfer to ex Albion player Howard Wilkinson’s Leeds. Both threw the club a much needed windfall at the right time.

Wee Gordon also has a special place in my affections since the 2-2 vs Leeds circa:1990. Provided the assist for Chappers' magnificent o.g. iirc. One of my favourite games of that era. Gotsmanov on top form and the Football Genius popping up to level things right at the end.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
The Debate - a studio based chat show full of pretty irrelevant waffle to disguise how many sports rights Sky have lost. Sky's new practice of three channels routinely showing the same football match simultaneously, explains the renaming of channels, also because of rights losses. Spanish football has gone now too - got to look at the subscription again.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The Debate - a studio based chat show full of pretty irrelevant waffle to disguise how many sports rights Sky have lost. Sky's new practice of three channels routinely showing the same football match simultaneously, explains the renaming of channels, also because of rights losses. Spanish football has gone now too - got to look at the subscription again.

Losing Champs league to BT was a massive balls up from Sky.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here