Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Yaya Toure

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Surprised not to see a thread about Yaya or have I missed it.
One of the best players to grace the PL and wants to stay here too.
If he does, is he good enough for another top 6 club or should we break the bank to try and get him.
I know, I know wages etc but I would like to see us have a go if we can put a deal together.
Only question is that he has not played for city for so long I don't know how good he is now maybe he will play against us, I think he will last home game and all that.
If he has still got it and if we put a good deal together I can't believe anyone would say no (except Dr No)

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Wages still likely too high. I could see a team like Everton taking a punt. Stop gap anyway.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Big no from me. 34 and throws a strop when he doesn't get cake!!! Any deal would almost certainly be outside our current pay scales and therefore upset the group of players already here.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Way out of our budget

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
On £200k a week. Would want £100k.

We pay £45k a week top.

Fair points so far, £100k is a lot of dosh for his age and he can throw strops and stuff.
But if he has still got it he is pure class, at his best he was unplayable, but when he threw his toys he was also unplayable.
Tony likes a gamble though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will look great next to James Milner :facepalm:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Big no from me. 34 and throws a strop when he doesn't get cake!!! Any deal would almost certainly be outside our current pay scales and therefore upset the group of players already here.

This all day long. For me, it’s what clubs like Portsmouth and Sunderland do and we all know what happened next for them. Price is what you pay, value is what you get and he’s poor value imo

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have just remembered what a 24 carat ******* his agent is too.
Although I am not unhappy with any of our players this season I think I was getting a bit carried away seeing a player that has that something extra playing for us, I will never forget watching Wayne Bridge and Matthew Upson.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You started it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

One day he'll stay true to his word and not follow me round the board replying to everything I write.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thin k that we need an old head to call on when needed hence my suggestion of both Milner who will bcome4 abit player at Liverpool or more realistically Toure who WANTS another year in the Premier and must realise that he wont get big wages.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here