Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I'm so glad the season is over

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not forgetting that every position in the table carries a bonus of more than we have spent in most seasons of our history. Finishing above Bournemouth and Palace would be very satisfying too.

Top South Coast club possible.
Top newly promoted club - probably Newcastle, but who knows......

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Of course you are not a bad fan but if I was playing devils advocate what are you offering the club in return for your enjoyment? You are not buying a ticket, programme, beer etc.. and of course you are not in the crowd either home or away adding vocal support, so if everyone watched the football on their computer the atmosphere would be rubbish and the whole thing would fall apart - anyway as I say just playing devil's advocate

What am I offering the club? What a strange question.

When I did go to every game the club actually did fall apart, so I guess they're better off without me, to follow your logic :)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Of course you are not a bad fan but if I was playing devils advocate what are you offering the club in return for your enjoyment? You are not buying a ticket, programme, beer etc.. and of course you are not in the crowd either home or away adding vocal support, so if everyone watched the football on their computer the atmosphere would be rubbish and the whole thing would fall apart - anyway as I say just playing devil's advocate

I could be wrong but I think KG lives abroad?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Probably because I gave my ST away so many times because I couldn't make it.

Well then you're not a bad fan. We're born Brighton, its in our blood, we are the club. Players, managers, directors, owners, grounds, come and go, we're the constant. Some seasons we can go a lot, sometimes we hardly can, but for those games we can't go to, we're not bad fans, instead we're unfortunate fans, we're the ones who miss out on seeing the Albion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agree with you on last season. That still annoys me. Clubs like us don't get the chance to win serious trophies very often and the Football League title is, by our standards, a big one. And we blew it.

I have no issues with a couple of batterings at City and Liverpool now though. Our guys have achieved their objective with two games to spare, they have delivered more than I could have ever expected in August and, most importantly, plenty of much better teams than us have been stuffed at the Etihad and Anfield this season. There is no shame even if this season finishes with a couple of 5-0 defeats.

If we end up getting battered in both games then it won't mean much in the great scheme of things of course - as you rightly say, better teams than ours have been brutally dry-humped at those venues this year. But then worse teams than ours have also chiselled out results (WBA at Liverpool, albeit in the Cup, and Huddersfield on Sunday).

I'm expecting two defeats anyway, the stats and our general demeanor on the road this season would suggest it. But it'd be a pity if we let our standards slip again like we did last year. I really hope we put in a couple of decent performances up there, even if its not enough to see us come away with anything.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Watched every minute of every game in the US, that's about as good as it gets over here. Got to admit to loving every minute of it though being able to watch every game is just such a luxury it really helps ease the pain of not being able to go anymore. Except nights like last Friday, then it hurts more.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just feel a bit guilty.
Don't be silly. It's not like the old days when they needed us. As long as you're getting a friend to sit in your place (so the atmosphere doesn't suffer), there's no problem. Just get along when you can, it's been great.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yes. We were safe weeks ago.

I am looking forward to seeing if would have been if we didnt get a result against United. I thought 37 was just about enough, 38 was safe.

I would be quite happy to see teams reach those totals now which would have sent us down, but still cant see it.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If we end up getting battered in both games then it won't mean much in the great scheme of things of course - as you rightly say, better teams than ours have been brutally dry-humped at those venues this year. But then worse teams than ours have also chiselled out results (WBA at Liverpool, albeit in the Cup, and Huddersfield on Sunday).

I'm expecting two defeats anyway, the stats and our general demeanor on the road this season would suggest it. But it'd be a pity if we let our standards slip again like we did last year. I really hope we put in a couple of decent performances up there, even if its not enough to see us come away with anything.

But now we don't need to try and grind out a goalless draw - who knows what might happen?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I am looking forward to seeing if would have been if we didnt get a result against United. I thought 37 was just about enough, 38 was safe.

I would be quite happy to see teams reach those totals now which would have sent us down, but still cant see it.

In order for 37 not to be enough, Swansea and Saints will have to draw tonight and both will have to win by a clear margin at the weekend. Seems unlikely.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
My target for the season was to be at all 38 Premier League games and, with two to play, I'm set to do it. So for that reason I am also glad the season is over/coming to an end.

Being governed by fixture changes and schedules is exhausting. It has an impact on all manner of other activities and opportunities. I am really looking forward to enjoying next season without the pressure of having to be at every single game. I'll still go to the vast majority, but just being able to skip a few here to open up weekends for other hobbies will be a relief.

Pretty much this. Committed to doing all the away games as I took a "we'll probably go down so got to make the most of it" approach. A little bit of me is questioning my sanity taking a day and half holiday to watch us get humped in a dead rubber in Manchester. On the other hand, I get to watch us at a Stadium we haven't played at before against one of the greatest Premier League sides of all time. If we could get a point or two from the next two games it could really push us up the table, 10th isn't out of the question, which would be worth what, an extra £8m ish? Plus a highest ever finish. Would be great if we could do it and I'm sure the players will put a shift in. We may be safe but they'll want to play well against this type of opposition I'm sure.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
My target for the season was to be at all 38 Premier League games and, with two to play, I'm set to do it. So for that reason I am also glad the season is over/coming to an end.

Being governed by fixture changes and schedules is exhausting. It has an impact on all manner of other activities and opportunities. I am really looking forward to enjoying next season without the pressure of having to be at every single game. I'll still go to the vast majority, but just being able to skip a few here to open up weekends for other hobbies will be a relief.

:clap2:

I did my one and only season of all 46 league matches in 2001-02; I was based in Warwickshire/Leicestershire for most of the season and travelled over 10,000 miles that campaign.

Whatever your circumstances or geographic location, I've got a lot of respect for anyone who completes a full league season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here