Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Blast from the past time: Scott McGleish is.....

Scott McGleish is....

• ....a [insert relevant friendly nickname]

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • ...still playing after all these years, aged 44

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Look who it is! Bit wider round the middle these days :lol: Can't believe he's still going: he played at the Goldstone, FFS.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...1000-games-chesham-leyton-orient-striker-goal

6749.jpg

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Had a short stint at Whitehawk I believe. Mate of mine who played for em said he was quite a nice bloke when I told him what a prick I thought he was.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Had a short stint at Whitehawk I believe. Mate of mine who played for em said he was quite a nice bloke when I told him what a prick I thought he was.

Certainly behaved like a prick in THAT game.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Certainly behaved like a prick in THAT game.

Pretty much what I said to my mate. Seem to remember him giving it big style to the South at Withdean when he played for Wycombe or Northampton. I think he enjoyed the pantomine villain reputation with our fans.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Wasn't there a game at Gillingham where he scored a hat-trick or 4 goals and he got a standing ovation (or ovation given that we were all standing anyway)? Or am I thinking of another hate figure - Gabbiadini?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wasn't there a game at Gillingham where he scored a hat-trick or 4 goals and he got a standing ovation (or ovation given that we were all standing anyway)? Or am I thinking of another hate figure - Gabbiadini?

That was Gabbiadini

Don't remember a standing ovation though

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Despise him as I do from THAT game as well as, I think, being a general thorn in our side in that era, I have a lot of respect for him to be still playing like that.

It's a hark back to the old days when pros would just keep dropping down the leagues but keep playing for as long as they could, before buying a pub and ballooning to beachball shape behind the bar.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pretty much what I said to my mate. Seem to remember him giving it big style to the South at Withdean when he played for Wycombe or Northampton. I think he enjoyed the pantomine villain reputation with our fans.

Yeah it was always fun when he played against us after the Orient game and he was always up for the pantomine villain part too. Modern players would mostly want to burst into tears with the abuse he got.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It would be quite entertaining if a few Albion types turned up at one of his games and then, mid-match, without warning, launched into a mass rendition of his special song.

For old times' sake :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here