Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Goal Line Technology

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I would like to show a little love for goal line technology. Without it I doubt we’d all be as happy we have been this weekend. Not 100% but I’m pretty sure that goal would not have been spotted and given and we’d all still likely be sweating on 38 points. VAR might have a way to go before it’s worthwhile but GLT has come in and IMHO seamlessly improved the game.

Also what an excellent touch showing it on the big screen to expel any doubt. Can you imagine how gutted we’d all be to watch that ball cross the line and know it should have been a goal but wasn’t given. Doesn’t bear thinking about! This is one the higher up bods in the FA have gotten correct. Well done.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It was 100% not going to be given without Tec.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
goal line tech has been a great improvement, the way it efficiently and seamlessly works is in sharp contrast to the current abomination of VAR.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I would like to show a little love for goal line technology. Without it I doubt we’d all be as happy we have been this weekend. Not 100% but I’m pretty sure that goal would not have been spotted and given and we’d all still likely be sweating on 38 points. VAR might have a way to go before it’s worthwhile but GLT has come in and IMHO seamlessly improved the game.

Also what an excellent touch showing it on the big screen to expel any doubt. Can you imagine how gutted we’d all be to watch that ball cross the line and know it should have been a goal but wasn’t given. Doesn’t bear thinking about! This is one the higher up bods in the FA have gotten correct. Well done.

We'd be safe right now with 38 points. Even if we'd lost, with 37 points we could almost smell safety with our goal difference.

But of course we didn't lose, well worth our win and the goal line technology was amazingly seamless. How do they do it exactly, is there a sensor in the ball?

Sea Eagle

Jun 23, 2011

Good shout [emoji106]

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Goal Line Technology has never been in doubt, Luckily for us it really paid off for us, now if one goes against us I wont be as frustrated.

What I would say though, that was the longest I have seen A referee take to award the goal, I guess it was really that close they probably had to wait for a second view for the buzz to be given.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Goal Line Technology has never been in doubt, Luckily for us it really paid off for us, now if one goes against us I wont be as frustrated.

What I would say though, that was the longest I have seen A referee take to award the goal, I guess it was really that close they probably had to wait for a second view for the buzz to be given.

If you watch him during the goal, the delay is because he checks the wrong wrist first :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would like to show a little love for goal line technology. Without it I doubt we’d all be as happy we have been this weekend. Not 100% but I’m pretty sure that goal would not have been spotted and given
I was right behind the linesman and I thought it was in (would have given it if that was my job). I just stared at the ref waiting for him to check if it was a goal. But you're right, they wouldn't have given it for a small club against Utd.

However, if that was against us at Utd, it would have been given (before the tech).

VAR might have a way to go before it’s worthwhile but GLT has come in and IMHO seamlessly improved the game.
Definitely.

Also what an excellent touch showing it on the big screen to expel any doubt.
To be honest there is no doubt with the ref's device anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Only the officials decsion counts though and without GLT, In my opinion the goal would not have been given.

I agree but if you look at my second tweet, you can see the entire north stand with their arms up shouting for it.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
The whole of the north stand knew it had crossed the line. GLT just confirmed it.
I can't make out who the player on the far side is, but he raised his hands immediately appealing for it. (it's Knocky)

[tweet]993596341342236677[/tweet]

It is Knocky, to be fair he'd throw his hands up and claim EVERYTHING even if it was blatantly not ours!!! And fair play to the lad.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Only the officials decsion counts though and without GLT, In my opinion the goal would not have been given.

Seeing how Pawson gave Glenn absolutely nothing all game, I'm surprised he didn't blow up for dangerous play with the attempted scorpion kick.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Mind you - it was only a couple of seconds! Pretty amazing bit of kit really.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Seeing how Pawson gave Glenn absolutely nothing all game, I'm surprised he didn't blow up for dangerous play with the attempted scorpion kick.

Yes - now what would have happened with VAR? He would have given the goal after that slight delay, we all would have gone bonkers - and then it could have been called back for 'dangerous play'. How awful would that have been, three separate set of emotions.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here