Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke's 1990 relegation party at the Goldstone

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The Albion, with no reason is to lie, recorded 1,800 fans.

Funny how their local rag dismisses that fact, exaggerating their following.

Pathetic.

I dunno, I was at the match but can't remember many of the details, but it is possible many were in the home ends?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yes, I remember this, they certainly like a party - didn’t they all wear fancy dress? I have to say that i have always been impressed by the noise they make at home games - a real passionate bunch.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Yes, I remember this, they certainly like a party - didn’t they all wear fancy dress? I have to say that i have always been impressed by the noise they make at home games - a real passionate bunch.

You didn’t go to the game up at their place this season then? They were awful

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Quite a lot of them dressed up. I remember being quite annoyed about us playing so badly, the team determined not to be party poopers strolling around in their flip flops.

Could easily have been more than 1800, there were loads of them, all seemed pretty good natured though.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Friday and Saturday night was lively in town. Would say they had more than 1800. Always respected them after that Weekend.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Friday and Saturday night was lively in town. Would say they had more than 1800. Always respected them after that Weekend.
Friday and Saturday nights were always lively that season, mostly West Street in general and The Bosun in particular. As Old Bill remember the balcony in the Bosun !!

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
As a 16 year old boy I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the north stand that day. I stayed in the north for their pitch invasion (unlike the smaller Leeds pitch invasion when I ran....ducking under somebody's arms screaming STAND.) and won't ever forget them all standing right in front of us chanting and singing. I would have guessed there was more than 1800. Not as many as Port Vale brought down a couple of years later though.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wasn't that gotsmanovs,last game for us?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A few photos found on Twitter from that day.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Friday and Saturday nights were always lively that season, mostly West Street in general and The Bosun in particular. As Old Bill remember the balcony in the Bosun !!

The Bosun in 1990?! I don’t think so. Long since Nellie Pecks!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here