Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The strikers we DIDN'T sign

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
Just out of interest, I thought I'd see how some of the strikers we tried and failed to sign last summer have done this season.

Vincent Janssen 11 games and 2 goals for Fenerbahce. Spent most of the season injured. (By the way, his middle name is Anna)

Raphael Dwamena 30 games and 8 goals for FC Zurich

Florin Andone 29 games and 7 goals (though 13 of those appearances off the bench in a relegated team)

Khouma Babacar 16 games and 4 goals for Fiorentina and then out on loan to Sassuolo for 2 goals in 5 games

In summary - none of them as good as Glenn Murray but none of them as bad as Christian Benteke

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Worrying that they were our targets then, no? Hope Locadia fulfils the promise I saw in him in the brief glimpses I’ve seen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've never understood this reasoning, despite frequently using it myself!!! :lol:
Unless of course all those other strikers also had Groß teeing the goals up for them.

(I wouldn't put it past him)

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But if they had played for us, it would have been - played 40, scored 60.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've never understood this reasoning, despite frequently using it myself!!! :lol:
Unless of course all those other strikers also had Groß teeing the goals up for them.

(I wouldn't put it past him)

:bowdown::laugh:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here