Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How big a bonus is staying up rather then promotion in the transfer window?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Will the club have an advantage on the newly promoted clubs and more parity with other teams in the PL this close season?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Of course we will. Nothing guarantees success, but stability and no interruption of the income stream will make a large difference.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No advantage over Wolves.
Decent advantage over Cardiff.
No advantage, other than prep time over play off winner.

But as is customary for me and these threads:-

Much the same would have been said of us and Huddersfield 12 months ago, by the likes of West Brom, Stoke, Southampton & Swansea.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Also it will give potential new signings more confidence to choose 'established' Brighton after seeing the team and the stadium on TV during the previous season.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
So do you expect us to go for better players or similar ability if we can get them earlier and integrate them?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Virtually anything any prospective player will have seen about us will have been positive. Can't recall anything on TV that hasn't raved about the facilities,setup, management, owner,board, fans etc.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Virtually anything any prospective player will have seen about us will have been positive. Can't recall anything on TV that hasn't raved about the facilities,setup, management, owner,board, fans etc.

True I think it’s easy to overlook that as well, reg the coverage the PL gets off these shores!

larus

If I recall correctly, we were turned down by players. Looking at that from the players perspective, you can understand why: newly promoted, favourites to go straight back down, no pedigree at this level, etc.

Now, we have clearly demonstrated we have the ability to survive at this level and also (hopefully) push on a bit from this season. Therefore, this will eliminate some of that negativity around us as a smaller, provincial club. It will take a couple more seasons before we will be viewed differently across the board, as I’m sure many may think we’ll struggle next season.

We do need more depth to our squad especially as we were very fortunate with no injuries to key players this year.

I do think we will be at a slight advantage over Cardiff and the PL winner though for 2 reasons. Firstly, the above, and secondly, we have already made some our purchases in our first season (and a bloody fine job was done there) so we’ll be looking at quality now and not quantity I feel.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If I recall correctly, we were turned down by players. Looking at that from the players perspective, you can understand why: newly promoted, favourites to go straight back down, no pedigree at this level, etc.

Now, we have clearly demonstrated we have the ability to survive at this level and also (hopefully) push on a bit from this season. Therefore, this will eliminate some of that negativity around us as a smaller, provincial club. It will take a couple more seasons before we will be viewed differently across the board, as I’m sure many may think we’ll struggle next season.

We do need more depth to our squad especially as we were very fortunate with no injuries to key players this year.

I do think we will be at a slight advantage over Cardiff and the PL winner though for 2 reasons. Firstly, the above, and secondly, we have already made some our purchases in our first season (and a bloody fine job was done there) so we’ll be looking at quality now and not quantity I feel.
Thirdly, Cardiff are in Cardiff.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
By not getting relegated immediately, the Albion now will earn parachute payments for three seasons instead of two, which will allow them to budget and negotiate with players on a slightly more long term basis.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Transfer Window SLAMS open on May 17th.

The playoff winner hasn't even been decided by then !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

If any German players were thinking of joining us, they need only look at Uwe and Pascal to see how well they've done over here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thrown open, slammed shut.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Has anyone seen the promotional video shown to prospective new singing?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

There is much to feel proud about after our first season back, if only we could have converted a couple of draws to wins a bit earlier in the season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Never can we have been in as strong a position as now going into a transfer window.

The club is in an exciting position. The likes of Andone and Janssen would be biting our hand off to be playing for us now, such are the strides we've made this season, while Dembele and Delaney will surely be on our radar again. Outside of the top six there is managerial uncertainty over Leicester, Watford and Everton, ownership uncertainty re Newcastle.

It's never easy to land good players but we are a serious player now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here