Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transfer window

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Had completely forgotten about this, but just read that the EPL transfer window closes at 5pm on Thursday 9th August this summer.

Great news in my opinion as it means we will get our business done before a ball is kicked. I wonder how many deals we’re working on already when you think how early we sealed the deal for Pascal Gross :clap2:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think it's excellent bringing the window forward. What is also superb is that you can still sell players right up until the end of Aug, obviously you can't sign anybody once the season starts.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Had completely forgotten about this, but just read that the EPL transfer window closes at 5pm on Thursday 9th August this summer.

Great news in my opinion as it means we will get our business done before a ball is kicked. I wonder how many deals we’re working on already when you think how early we sealed the deal for Pascal Gross :clap2:
TBF, the selling club had no say in Gross moving due to the relegation clause. Can't imagine too many clubs will be happy to do a deal this early in the modern climate.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
You would hope somebody is constantly on the ball with regard to potential signings, if you don't start til the season finishes you're behind the curve. If I was manager, I would want a constant list of 3 realistic players in every position that I might be able to get once the window opens, if I felt I need them. Doesn't mean I'd get them, but you need to know your targets.

Tis good that the window shuts before the season, though.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
TBF, the selling club had no say in Gross moving due to the relegation clause. Can't imagine too many clubs will be happy to do a deal this early in the modern climate.
Actually, did I dream this as a couple of articles make no mention?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The World Cup is going to have a big impact, and so the scramble to sign players between the middle of July and the second week in August is going to be very hectic.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think it's excellent bringing the window forward. What is also superb is that you can still sell players right up until the end of Aug, obviously you can't sign anybody once the season starts.

That the signing window closes is great. Makes much more sense. But how do you figure it ‘superb’ that you can still sell players later? Say we have our chosen squad nailed down, the season kicks off, then two weeks later we get a massive, head-turning, too good to turn down bid for a star player, who we then can’t replace - that isn’t superb, at all :shrug:

Surely better to close it both ways.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
That the signing window closes is great. Makes much more sense. But how do you figure it ‘superb’ that you can still sell players later? Say we have our chosen squad nailed down, the season kicks off, then two weeks later we get a massive, head-turning, too good to turn down bid for a star player, who we then can’t replace - that isn’t superb, at all :shrug:

Surely better to close it both ways.
Disagree. ‘Head-turning’ offers won’t be accepted until at least the next transfer window as they’d be part of the 25 man squad. The extra time to sell players will be vital for players who don’t make 25-man squads. Means the club can hold players who are potentially outgoing back, bring players in late (which is inevitable), then worry about shifting the inferior players on at a later date. The inferior players won’t be going to other premier league clubs anyway, so Brighton can sell to the others leagues with a longer window.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
With it being a World Cup year I hope we get all our business done early to avoid an inflated market. Once Neymar was sold for £200m the market almost doubled over night. Only a few players needed to add some competition

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here