Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Amex in the sun

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
It was a beautiful day on Friday and I was just wondering if there’s a better setting for a stadium than ours in Falmer.

I’ve been to a few grounds watching the Albion in the last few years and I think I can safely say there’s nowhere to match it, surrounded by beautiful countryside its amazing.

Any others I don’t know about?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It was a beautiful day on Friday and I was just wondering if there’s a better setting for a stadium than ours in Falmer.

I’ve been to a few grounds watching the Albion in the last few years and I think I can safely say there’s nowhere to match it, surrounded by beautiful countryside its amazing.

The Madjeski has a pleasant blur about when driving past on the M4 :cool:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Someone on Talksport - might have been Sam Matterface - said the Amex was the best stadium in the country (or something very similar. I was on my way to the ground as him and Ray Houghton were very complimentary about all things Albion.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Building on the edge of an AONB gives Falmer considerable advantage.

Fulham’s setting is very decent and with a more rural setting Shrewsbury’s new stadium is pretty good.

Scarborough’s McCain Stadium (sadly no more) has a bit of hillside around it, as do Huddersfield and Wycombe, but they have lots of industrial buildings nearby.

I think we win this one, but I am a little biased. :albion2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Selhurst Park anyone?

4332266a440f897afaed735c55a7263c.jpg

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
1496736841.jpg
The photo is a bit of a cheat as there are industrial buildings nearby but it is on the edge of a forrest.

Edit to add the pictures of the Amex in the sun from the poppey covered fields are unbeatable for me. Beautiful.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
unlevel.jpg

This is actually part of the countryside.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here