Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Snooker loopy. The class of 92

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Lets go, Higgins win for me
Think Williams has played brilliant but fecking hell, he's gonna be knackered after yesterdays epic against The Hawk, and played some brilliant shots but a few shockers too.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Clearly not as popular these days. I guess putting the final on the same weekend as the hottest bank holiday in a zillion years was bad planning

Not the best final, Williams looking fairly composed and will play it out I reckon. Seems more like a couple of old mates playing a club game in session 1

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Watching this quite avidly this year. Odd how the younger players have not stepped up.

Williams looking very assured.

Higgins had a shocker with his shot selection in that final frame, but still feel he will come good. I expect a big session from him tomorrow afternoon.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its strange that the likes of Davis and Hendry were finished in their mid 30's, yet in 2018 the final is between two 40 something former champions, with O' Sullivan still considered the best player in the world at the same age.

Very unusual when you look at most sports, especially football, when you would think an upcoming 20ish 30ish old player would be replacing the old guard.

An inspiration for all us old geezers I guess is what I'm trying to say

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
It's weird, it's a bit like bands coming back and reforming, I think it's Williams first World final for 15 years
Davis only retired from the professional circuit I think last year

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
The Chinese revolution is coming anyway, wouldnt be surprised to see the Worlds played there in a few years, their academys are mental

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Higgins looks a broken man. Williams looks like he wants it more.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here